Epic Fail?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
For example the time i was reading the gospel on bright Saturday and i basically fell asleep and started reading across the both pages so for example i would read  PG1      aaaaa      PG2 cccccccc
                                                bbbbbb.          dddddd.
as aaaaaa ccccccc  bbbb ddddd

If you have a story that can top my Epic Fail at church please feel free to share

Comments

• We were in tasbeha one time and i started singing the second hoos in the wrong tune  :D
  • I don't think this thread is... appropriate.
  • Ynot there is nothing wrong

anyways When I was little remember a liturgy where every time there was a respnse to say I would say epi eprosevke stathite no matter what the response was
    lol
    it was so embarassing
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=8928.msg111732#msg111732 date=1268025553]
    Ynot there is nothing wrong

anyways When I was little remember a liturgy where every time there was a respnse to say I would say epi eprosevke stathite no matter what the response was
    lol
    it was so embarassing

but you were little, so its ok... i thought that was pretty funny though :)
  • lol
    hopefully that doesn't happen again
    i will make sure to get sleep lol
  • lol, that's a good plan. but now that you're older, i don't think that will happen although people do make mistakes sometimes.
    i remember one time we were doing a fast odas at church, and one of the deacons in the altar said "Sta-thee-te meta fovo Theo, ako-somen to agio evan-geleio" when he was supposed to say "en sofia theo eproskhomen. kyrie eleyson, kyrie eleyson khen omethmi amen."
    lol, everyone started laughing including abouna ;)
  • LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • Last year, i h
  • i subcontiously  remember all of abounas lines of the mass, so 3 easters ago i was falling asleep but i was listining in the back of my head and after all the other deacons responded (while i was sleeping) i wasnt paying attention. so i shouted abounas response ("beofore whome stand...), but i caught myself halfway through the first word so it kinda sounded like i just yelled "beef!" but everyone realized my mistake. i think i won!
  • i have (loudly) chanted 'irini pasi' (peace be with you) before, standing in the congregation, and i certainly don't look like a priest!
  • burnt the cloth over the lecturn.. was a kid and was playing with the wax at the bottom of the candle... didn't realise the candle was at an angle lol... abouna was the first to see it so he ran inside and filled his hand with water and threw it on the cloth.. :-\
  • when i was in the procession for Ressurection Feast, i was holding a candle, when the hot wax touched my finger i freaked out and dropped the candle on the ground so my dad picked it up, but the carpet was on fire. SO EMBARRASSING
  • [quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=8928.msg112145#msg112145 date=1269057332]
    i subcontiously  remember all of abounas lines of the mass, so 3 easters ago i was falling asleep but i was listining in the back of my head and after all the other deacons responded (while i was sleeping) i wasnt paying attention. so i shouted abounas response ("beofore whome stand...), but i caught myself halfway through the first word so it kinda sounded like i just yelled "beef!" but everyone realized my mistake. i think i won!

haha! "beef".  ;D
  • [quote author=AikotiEnsok link=topic=8928.msg112145#msg112145 date=1269057332]
    i subcontiously  remember all of abounas lines of the mass, so 3 easters ago i was falling asleep but i was listining in the back of my head and after all the other deacons responded (while i was sleeping) i wasnt paying attention. so i shouted abounas response ("beofore whome stand...), but i caught myself halfway through the first word so it kinda sounded like i just yelled "beef!" but everyone realized my mistake. i think i won!

hahah dude that was the greatest easteer ever! lol

we were all getting into the mass and out of no where you were behind us shouting BEEF!!!