Study

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys,

I have a really bug problem! Im usually very studious. I usually study hard and long and usually get good marks. Lately ive been getting lazy, slothful even and my marks are slipping big time! Im in grade 11 so this yr and next yr really count!
Guys i need help how do i get out of this mood!

I need any tips
Spiritual
Psychological
whatever, just anything guys please!

God bless

Comments

• Same problem here  :D

Skipping, study from subject to subject? (helps me a little)

Study ideas (sketch if for biology, etc. make a concept map) other strategies,

give yourself breaks... but limit breaks

herein lies big problem for me

Maybe even try to call someone else who is studying in your class for moral support or see if brother/sister/parent can help

Possibly look up subject on internet

Could also try studying at different times (early vs. late) try sugar if something is particularly hard (small candy)
    Sounds bad for teeth, but...

Verse: 2 Peter 1:5-7... Giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge sef-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.

:)
  • Those are all good ideas g2here!!

Christrules, you can also try writing a to-do list and scratch off the things you finished so that your list gets smaller and smaller! Motivate yourslef. Reward yourself when you work hard and get things done.

And PRAYER does wonders!! It is never old or lame. May God strengthen you. Let us know how everything turns out.
  • Hey,
    Whenever I felt lazy, I always would imagine myself graduating at the end of year 12 with the tassle and gown with all my family and friends there congratulating me on the high marks that I got from studying hard and studying well, because in the end, that is what is going to happen. Its called visualisation. I did that also in my university studies and have finished my course with flying colours thank God.

Another thing I used to do was watch short videos such as the ones on the link below when I felt that I needed to do something but particulary lazy towards carrying it out:

http://www.simpletruths.com/movies.asp

One that I still use till this day: The third row from the bottom and the one in the middle will bring you to a video called 212 degrees: The Extra degree.

The best part of it is that God is with us the entire way although make sure you make your requests be made known to God. Keep yourself refreshed with prayer as Jesusismystrength mentioned. Johns2000 provided in a previous thread a prayer that can start you off: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=8728.0
    Also regular church participation, regular Holy Communion, confession and repentance; and finish that race.

I wish you all the best and God be with you.
  • Some great tips in this topic. Could you tell us a little bit more about your situation? Are you having some trouble motivating yourself, or are you feeling that the workload is too much/too difficult?

Matthew