Priests Swimming?

What exactly are the rules for priests swimming?

Comments

• they have to still wear the priestly garments (black robe)
    so deep water is not recommended!
    some priests have a short-sleeved robe, like to use as pyjamas. i don't know if they can wear that instead. i didn't go swimming with a priest yet!
  • do they have to wear their robe if they are in their family pool?
  • I am not sure why this question is of any relevance to us here, and especially during Lent?

Father Peter
  • I totally agree with you Abouna.  Would a priest even have time to swim when they should serve their church.  In addition, we should not even have joy when we are in lent.
  • [quote author=Godislove_ link=topic=8947.msg111891#msg111891 date=1268592885]
    I totally agree with you Abouna.  Would a priest even have time to swim when they should serve their church.  In addition, we should not even have joy when we are in lent.

i never said i saw a priest swimming yesterday or something!  I am not sure how it came up but me and my friend were wondering if priests are aloud to swim.  And it has nothing to do with lent...i am not completely sure why you brought that up.  Priests do have time to swim during summer obviously.  I have not heard of a church yet that has some kind of service 24/7.  If a priest is at their home and they have a pool at their house.  It is one of those family gatherings in the summer that we all know and love and the priest has no visitations.  That is a time when a priest can swim.  And I was not sure where to put this question because it does not pertain to anyother category... Now that I think about it, maybe random issues but its ok. This sort of is a faith question because with some other religions, their priests run normal lives when they aren't in church. 

and back to the quote... lent is not a time to mourn and be sad!!!!! it is a time for repentance.  Yes be sad for your sins but that does not mean no joy!  Find me one place that says no joy during lent.

I also would still like an answer to my question :)
  • Oh sorry.  I forgot to answer your question priests are not allowed to swim anyways.
  • [quote author=Neniotee Ethoab link=topic=8947.msg111885#msg111885 date=1268587426]

Same rules that apply to any Christian.
  • [quote author=grace08 link=topic=8947.msg111895#msg111895 date=1268596494]
    [quote author=Neniotee Ethoab link=topic=8947.msg111885#msg111885 date=1268587426]

Same rules that apply to any Christian.

so they can still swim?
  • When I was on holiday in Egypt, I was swimming in the sea a place with a sort of hotel and a little church in Savage, I saw two abouna's walking in the water with them abouna clothes, but not really swimming :p
  • Marmar thats true but they cannot swim
  • okay  :) but why they can't swim? Even if they where clothes? Sorry for asking..

And I have another question, it has nothing to do with abouna's, but are girls allowed to swim in a bikini
    or swimming clothes? Because here in Europe, they don't swim with clothes (that would be a bit strange), but then I doubt about the point that girls aren't allowed to show their body?  ??? And boys?

• sorry, meant to send pm
  • well they have like a protocol or something they have to agree.  And in like the middle east for the religion in muslims (sorry for using this) they think it is a rude thing wearing a bikini.  They believe that it is against the Quran because the middle east is conqured by the muslims.  Therefore, they would all stare at you thinking that you are crazy, and then they dont treat you well.  Well for us, try wearing something that is respectable and not exposing...... you know.
    Any questions post it up :)

+god bless+