What is everybody reading?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
This is just a thread to ask what everyone is reading.
I have a stack to get through myself and I know I will finish them very soon, but I want to read more!

Comments

• Making God Real.... goooooooood book!
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=8919.msg111634#msg111634 date=1267839417]
    Making God Real.... goooooooood book!

Thanks TITL

http://www.agape-bookstore.com/images/FT1081.jpg

is this one the one that you mean?
  • The Case for the Real Jesus-Lee Stroebel

Amongst others,the book has great explanations that dispels the myth that some part of christianity has pagan origin.I am enjoying every bit of it!

Google Books

• Spirituality of fasting by HH Pope Shenouda
    very very good book to lift up your spirituality during this time of the Great lent.
    www.copticpope.org/books/fasting.pdf
  • The Ladder of Divine Ascent - St John Cllimacus

Homilies on Genesis - St John Chrysostom

Genesis, Creation, and Early Man - Fr. Seraphim Rose

I am reading alot on Genesis because in the early church they used to read the whole book during lent.
  • Nice ones, thanks so much everyone!
  • nice topic Selah!

I just finished reading "In Thy Presence" by Fr Lev Gillet (beautiful book by the way). I'm currently reading "Beginning to Pray" by Anthony Bloom, and after that I really want to read Paradise of the Spirit (Volume 1) by the H.G. the late Bishop Youannes.
  • Nice ones also, thanks user00. The introduction of Beginning to Pray by Bloom reminded me of Phillip Yancey's book, "Prayer: Does it make a difference?" One of my favourites on prayer.
  • [quote author=Selah link=topic=8919.msg111636#msg111636 date=1267839852]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=8919.msg111634#msg111634 date=1267839417]

Thanks TITL

yeah, thats the one!
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=8919.msg111698#msg111698 date=1267993938]
    [quote author=Selah link=topic=8919.msg111636#msg111636 date=1267839852]
    [quote author=TITL link=topic=8919.msg111634#msg111634 date=1267839417]

Thanks TITL

yeah, thats the one!

cool, thanks
  • I do not know if the question refers only to spritual books.If it does, listed are my poor accounts:

Currently, I am half way through Pope Shenouda's Combarative Theology (started way back in December--slow reader..read it every Wensday and Friday) and I also read a short book by Dr Gindi, Raafat Fahim: a lily among thorns (proceeds from the sale go to the poor ;is easily written , has a lot of language mistakes that doesnt bother, but gives an overview about the history of the Orthodox church,mentions briefly Arab invasion, several Islamic dynasty,history of the coptic language and how it began deteriorating and finally abolished,story on Sadat's assasination ,the invasion of the protestant heretics etc.).It is like Coptic Orthodox Church for dummies... I like it.

Next, I will read books that I have already bought:Father Arseny Priest, Prisoner, and Spiritual Faith ( Recommended by StMaria05 a while ago)
    *A Night in the Desert of the Holy Mountain by Metropolitan Hierotheos of Nafpaktos -Recommended by Andrew02109

Then I will look for:
    *John Chrysostom, Discourses against Judaizing Christians (Inspired by Ioannes)

*Serpahim Rose :The Soul After Death: (Also by the indispensable Ioannes)

If anyone has more books for  recommendations, pls share.