Genesis 1:1-13

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello!

I was just reading this and need some clarification. Verse 8 says: "And God call the firmament Heaven. So the evening and morning were the second day." Verse 13 says: "So the evening and morning were the third day."

Are we referring to the same evening and morning in both verses or do they symbolize something different in each verse?

thanks.

PS. This is different from the Bible study that we're going to do, God Willing!

Comments

• "... So the evening and the morning were the first day... So the evening and the morning were the second day... So the evening and the morning were the third day... So the evening and the morning were the fourth day... So the evening and the morning were the fifth day... So the evening and the morning were the sixth day..."

as you can already tell, its just stating the Godly days... and the human days were created in the fourth day!

neshko Allah, akhadna el baraka!
  • Oh my goodness! I completely missed that and for some reason only read it in those 2 verses! Anyways, that makes complete sense now... thank you
  • neshkor Allah you noticed... sadly its the least of my misspelling... lol

lol hopefully you got the final message from the post, and didn't focus much on my misfortune of spelling ability!

neshkor Allah... benakhod el baraka!
  • Batalo fadayi7!