Bible Study

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi Everyone,

I've noticed that when I read the Bible, it's hard to get that deeper meaning. So, I think we should have an online Bible Study! I know I've made this proposal previously and that didn't go very well, but with the Grace of God, I'm sure it will work this time. What do you think?

How about the book of Ephesians? The holdup last time was picking where to start reading... so I'm suggesting that we start with something and take turns picking books and that way no one gets upset :)

Comments

• haaay, Good idea! Sometimes I also have problems with reading the bible, so I think it's a a very good idea If we have an online biblestudy :)

God bless, pray 4 me
  • Sounds great! Do you want to start tonight? Other people can join in as they want later on.

Also, I found information on something called quiet time. I don't know if you've heard of it, but there's also a schedule for it that I was thinking of following starting today. Here's the link:

http://www.stmarkdc.org/en/content/quiet-time

what do you think? We could start with week 1... don't think it would matter much.
  • I think tonight would not be possible for me, unfortunately, because I am really busy with school :S
    But we can do it by example 1 or 2 times a week, so that you have enough time to read and study.
    Quiet time seems amazing! How do u want to begin exactly and what's the plan?
  • How about you read however many times you want and then say tuesdays and thursdays, we can discuss what we've read here and talk about anything that may be a little confusing. Since we're not going to do this everyday let's go back to just reading Ephesians then lol

what do you say?
  • okay, al right! Let's say..... do u have time on saturday and thursay?
  • Sure, that sounds good!

So, we're starting with Ephesians, going in order, and we're meeting Thursdays and Saturdays. Anyone else who's interested, please feel free to join.

God Bless.
  • that's a great idea marmoura! I don't mind enriching myself with Bible study :)

God Bless You!
  • You guys don't necessarily have to post on specific days, read and as you go along post your questions/insights any day you do. I find that if you try and set a day and something happens and the other person can't make it you make get discouraged, this way also anyone who can't do it saturdays or thurs can participate as well.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=8879.msg111213#msg111213 date=1267139540]
    You guys don't necessarily have to post on specific days, read and as you go along post your questions/insights any day you do. I find that if you try and set a day and something happens and the other person can't make it you make get discouraged, this way also anyone who can't do it saturdays or thurs can participate as well.

Yeah, I agree with you :) you 2 marmoura?
  • Yes, You do make a very good point! the only reason that I wanted to make it on specific days is because I don't want people to give up on it. It would be nice if everyone who joined in made a commitment to it, but I guess specific days would never work for everyone :)