What is the tune for liturgy? (Sunday Feb 7)

Hi guys, first time posting. Anyone know what tune we use tomorrow? Is it all annual, or is psalm 150 lenten tune? And do we say "Blessed are those" during communion? Also, do we include "erenestevin..." in the end of service hymn"? need answers ASAP!

Thanks

Comments

• Sorry a bit late to reply to this post :-)
    I just noticed a practice here in the UK (a couple of churches) who say every thing annual tune (as expected) but then add the melody "blessed are those" after psalm 150 finishes and maybe other annual melodies cut short. I don't recall this having been the case in Egyptian churches, although I have to admit I may not remember correctly.
    Having said all of that, I should point out that singing Arabic melodies is not part of the strict rites of the church. I don't believe that Christians of old used to sing the doxology of the Lent, or even "[coptic]ounis] `mmuctyrion[/coptic]" on this Sunday. I would like to hear others' views on this.
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • I will just say that today in my church, the whole liturgy was annual until Psalm 150, which was lenten tune with the lenten refrain, the Blessed are those song, and the conclusion hymn with the verse for lent so that's what we did, but I don't know what is the actual way things are to be done...I would like to know as well.
  • According to the Rites book of Anba Mettaous....
    1-the special readings from the Lent Katameros are read
    2- the liturgy is annual until the gospel. Then the lent gospel response is chanted with the lent aspasmoses, fraction, psalm 150, first week madeha of lent and the lent conclusion.

We always did that here in my church. i used to think it was a tradition only but i was suprised yesterday when i read it in Anba Mettaous book.
  • You are right Mina. I guess I messed up in my previous post. Sorry I am still learning. Thanks...
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=8781.msg110141#msg110141 date=1265571419]
    According to the Rites book of Anba Mettaous....
    1-the special readings from the Lent Katameros are read
    2- the liturgy is annual until the gospel. Then the lent gospel response is chanted with the lent aspasmoses, fraction, psalm 150, first week madeha of lent and the lent conclusion.

We always did that here in my church. i used to think it was a tradition only but i was suprised yesterday when i read it in Anba Mettaous book.

but you still have to sing Aripamevi for the praxis response and Alleluia Je Evmevi. Its not completely annual... and that is only on weekends
  • No. The whole liturgy is not annual. The lent rite begins from the gospel response. Whatever is before that in that liturgy is annual.
  • sorry havent been on in a while. yeah, there was a bishop present and he did everything annual until the gospel response, then started lent stuff. thanks guys!