Science and Validity

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I am currently taking Chemistry. How much of it is actually true?  It sounds like a religion. Because you cannot see atoms or electrons or molecules, you have to believe that they are there.  I find no logic behind chemistry at all. 

With Biology though, many of the things learned in Bio can be proved or seen. With the exception of evolution, how much of Bio is true? I feel like most of it is true i.e. Photosynthesis, Cellular Respiration, Human Anatomy etc.

Am I correct about Chemistry and Bio?

Comments

• Yes and no.

At your level, and age, some things are taken by a certain faith as a means to a building block towards more understanding of complicated principles.  I can reassure you, as a former chemistry major in college, chemistry is not religion based.  Many of the principles, laws, hypotheses, have been set forth as a result of observation, testing, experimentation.  The whole aspect of biology is based in chemistry.  Chemistry is the more minute level of discussion of all of the biological processes that you mentioned.  Learn the basics and you will understand and appreciate the grand items as they come.
  • chemistry and biology is awesome.
    i remember the more i learnt the more i was amazed at the beauty of God's creation and the power and the accuracy with which He forms the universe.
    the only thing you have to be careful of is the 'science' of evolution. it's best to see it as a theory that has some major flaws.