PLEASE PRAY FOR ANBA ANTHONY

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Hi,

PLease could you all pray for Anba. Anthony?

PLEASE??

He is quite ill, and he has been a huge help for me. I'm really sad about his condition.

Thanks for remembering him in your prayers
Could you ask for FoC's to mention his name in the Holy Mass.

For those of you don't know, he is one of the kindest and most serviable bishops in the world.

Comments

• Hey Yes i know him(not personally)but i saw him when i went to Guilford for a Celebration...
    He looks veryyyyy Ill God may help him and heal him....
    Next time i talk with my Foc i ask him...
  • hes in my prayers.

hes a bishop? from which area?

+mahraeel+
  • He is in my prayers!
  • he is the bishop of ireland, scotland, north east england and affiliated areas and is very ill. he is a very lovely spiritual person who is a constant encouragement to all those around him, even though ths long illness, he has spent a lot of time comforting those who are sad and worried about him.
    i am not one to go on and on about someone being wonderful because it can lead to pride and the enemy tempts even great saints with pride.
    but i can't help saying something about bishop antony because he is one of the wisest and most humble people i met and he works tirelessly to encourage everyone to follow Jesus.
    ihna nuhibbak ya sayedna, qowat wa barakat allah ma'ak
    i kiss your hand, your grace.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=7859.msg102153#msg102153 date=1240425631]
    he is the bishop of ireland, scotland, north east england and affiliated areas and is very ill. he is a very lovely spiritual person who is a constant encouragement to all those around him, even though ths long illness, he has spent a lot of time comforting those who are sad and worried about him.
    i am not one to go on and on about someone being wonderful because it can lead to pride and the enemy tempts even great saints with pride.
    but i can't help saying something about bishop antony because he is one of the wisest and most humble people i met and he works tirelessly to encourage everyone to follow Jesus.
    ihna nuhibbak ya sayedna, qowat wa barakat allah ma'ak
    i kiss your hand, your grace.

He really stook up for me once, and defended me against many bad people (other bishops). I really admire him for that... and I will never forget him for that. He was very courageous. Most priests and bishops I've met are so politically correct that they are scared to say the truth in case of offending anyone, and then they stay silent when someone innocent is being falsely accused.

And yes, he is very humble, and wise, and funny...

• The Christ Arose Himself...

The Christ that overcame death, I think He can do beyond the impossible! we are the ones that need his prayers, he's in Good hands... he's an amazing person... and beyond a great bishop!

Truly The Christ Arose Himself!

nakhod baraket salawato... neshkor Allah!
  • He is absolutely one of my favorite bishops-I know him personally, and he is amazing.

I'm pretty sure he has cancer, but unfortunately it has spread throughout his whole body.
  • As far as I know, Anba Antony has cancer, but God has given him strength to endure this hardship with joyfulness. I've never had the honor of meeting him myself but I've heard many wonderful things about him, so please keep praying for him!

God Bless.