Pimairomi and Iona Piprofeetis

edited January 2010 in Hymns Discussion
I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any online classes to learn these two hymns. I am not looking for audio files of just the hymns but classes for it. Thanks again!

GB
Tony

Comments

• [quote author=Amoussa01 link=topic=8737.msg109617#msg109617 date=1264449706]
    I was wondering if anyone knew if there were any online classes to learn these two hymns. I am not looking for audio files of just the hymns but classes for it. Thanks again!

GB
    Tony

maybe m.Gad......but it's not online.

for Iona you won't find thoo...it's a new tarkeeb by ibo.
  • i have the muallem gad lessons for pimaromi and is iona really a new tarkeeb cuz if soo im not learning it lol?
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=8737.msg109621#msg109621 date=1264461953]
    i have the muallem gad lessons for pimaromi and is iona really a new tarkeeb cuz if soo im not learning it lol?

what do you mean?!
    The guy didn't make up a new lahn. He used pimairomi which is accaptable. Nothing wrong at all.
  • im not a fan of his newly introduced things. With all respect to him hes an amazing guy but im not a fan of adding new hymns to our church and making things up
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=8737.msg109625#msg109625 date=1264465963]
    im not a fan of his newly introduced things. With all respect to him hes an amazing guy but im not a fan of adding new hymns to our church and making things up

dude....he didn't write the words NOR he created the tune.....what did he make up?!
  • yea but the hymn itself the way he recorded it did not exist until he recorded aka made up lol
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=8737.msg109627#msg109627 date=1264471059]
    yea but the hymn itself the way he recorded it did not exist until he recorded aka made up lol

then wait.....when you rakeeb a doxology for a saint when chanting, or an psali of an occasion.....are you also making it up?!
  • No thats a standardized hymn known to be sang that way or a doxology for example during different seasons is sang in the tune of that season. However Ibrahim Ayad just standardized a new hymn and made new rites and said that this hymn is sang during communion inJonahs fast. Without a reliable source thats completely out there man
  • [quote author=christ_rose link=topic=8737.msg109629#msg109629 date=1264478142]
    No thats a standardized hymn known to be sang that way or a doxology for example during different seasons is sang in the tune of that season. However Ibrahim Ayad just standardized a new hymn and made new rites and said that this hymn is sang during communion inJonahs fast. Without a reliable source thats completely out there man

define a "doxology"????
  • Christ_rose,

Can you send me the class of Pimariomi? Thanks again!

God bless
    Tony
  • During Lent the tune of Pi mai Romi can be used on the words for one of the doxology's (ti nistia), in the case that there's still time after psalm 150 and pi mai romi have been chanted.
    Now, the rites of Jona are the same as the weekday rites of Lent, with a few minor exceptions. However, if it's acceptable to use the tune of Pi mai romi on a Lent Doxology, then it's acceptable to do the same with Jona's Doxology. The words of Pi mai Romi are not used because the theme of the WORDS is for Lent, however the tune is according to the weekday rites, therefore it is acceptable in Jona's fast too.
    If you don't want to chant this, then fine. You can always say "tooba lel ro7ama" in the tune of saturday/sunday like what happens in a lot of churches (which is wrong, since we are in the weekdays).
  • Guys,

The point to this forum was to see if anyone can provide me an audio class for either of these two hymns. I want to kindly ask you not to deviate this forum into a debate. So please, if anyone knows where i can find a class, it would be appreciated if you can post a link here. Thanks again.

GB
    Tony
  • Anyone? Christ_rose?
  • oh im sorry havent followed
    gimme one second ill find the link
  • once again sorry i dont have the class for it i have other classes sorry
  • Gerges,

you are awesome!!!

God bless
    Tony