shocking news from egypt .

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34736848/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
Just read this shocking news .

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

May the almighty have mercy upon their souls .I have nothing more to say .too sad 

Comments

• [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109014#msg109014 date=1262827492]
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34736848/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/
    Just read this shocking news .

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."

May the almighty have mercy upon their souls .I have nothing more to say .too sad 

Thanks Axum for sharing this. I just read this on the BBC website!

:( THis is awful news.

I remember even when I was in Cairo a few years ago, I nearly got killed for saying I had nothing against jews. I didnt know any jewish people at the time, but I just said "I didnt hate them" when some guy asked me.

Remarkable!!
  • Let us pray for our dear brothers and sisters.
  • since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us not loose heart.
    may God comfort the family of the blessed martyrs.
  • why are we so sad that they died coming from CHURCH?? they are martyrs now. Pray for those muslims that shot them so God may have mercy on them
  • and muslims why there hated let us all pray for them as it is tough to pray for them after more of the same but all we do is pray and pray 1 day god will show them the light and this is me being nice holding back anger merry christmas
  • "Thy Martyrs, O Lord, in their courageous contest for Thee received as the prize the crowns of incorruption and life from Thee, our immortal God. For since they possessed Thy strength, they cast down the tyrants and wholly destroyed the demons' strengthless presumption. O Christ God, by their prayers, save our souls, since Thou art merciful."  -- Apolytikion for Holy Martyrs, Tone 4
  • [coptic]ou je petennajof oube nai icje v; pet; `ejwn nim eqna]; oubhn[/coptic]
    If God [be] for us, who [can be] against us? (Rom  8 :  31)
    [coptic]nofri pijinmic `nrem`n<ymi[/coptic]
    Happy Coptic Christmas
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • In this world there is tribulation to our church but the gates of hell shall not prevail her.
    Very sad news!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
    In Christ
    Theophilus 
  • Revelation 6:9
    "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held".
    Lets all take comfort in the word of God knowing they will hold places next to abraham ,yacob and yishak.
  • [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109030#msg109030 date=1262881293]
    Revelation 6:9
    "And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held".
    Lets all take comfort in the word of God knowing they will hold places next to abraham ,yacob and yishak.

Yeah, I read that also, and apparently all these people will be waiting for some justice. How exactly does God give them justice?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8659.msg109031#msg109031 date=1262885429]
    [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109030#msg109030 date=1262881293]

Yeah, I read that also, and apparently all these people will be waiting for some justice. How exactly does God give them justice?

Apparently some Coptic guy raped a muslim girl? I don't believe that; but here's an update:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8445838.stm
  • It's actually the government of Egypts fault. A Muslim guy threatened anba kyrollos a week before and sayedna warned the police but they did not do anything.
  • [quote author=Godislove_ link=topic=8659.msg109033#msg109033 date=1262888648]
    It's actually the government of Egypts fault. A Muslim guy threatened anba kyrollos a week before and sayedna warned the police but they did not do anything.

Yes, thanks Grace for mentioning that. This has nothing to do with rape. I think this is a fabricated story. Why go and threaten a bishop? or kill innocent people for? And if a Coptic man raped a muslim girl, the penalties against him would be so high, he'd be hanged in Egypt.

AFP were saying that they know who the killer is, but the police forces have not yet arrested him.

• QT
    It is very hard to not be angry at the killers at this point ,but all we can do is take comfort in his words .Revenge and fair justice is his and no ones.They can make up all kinds of reasons to justify the killings but ultimately they will face thier creator .In the meantime lets all pray for the families of the martyrs. I am sure the last thing those martyrs did was pray to God thank the lord ,take the flesh  and blood of christ and rejoice in his birth.I wish the last moments of my life were as fulfilling and pure as thiers .To be honest,I don't think i am bold enough to attend the liturgy knowing there is an on going threat on the church .That tells you how strong they are in their faith .God bless our church and our faith and again i repeat "the gates of hell won't prevail "

Romans 12:17-21
    Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
  • [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109035#msg109035 date=1262890561]
    QT
    It is very hard to not be angry at the killers at this point ,but all we can do is take comfort in his words .Revenge and fair justice is his and no ones.They can make up all kinds of reasons to justify the killings but ultimately they will face thier creator .In the meantime lets all pray for the families of the martyrs. I am sure the last thing those martyrs did was pray to God thank the lord ,take the flesh  and blood of christ and rejoice in his birth.I wish the last moments of my life were as fulfilling and pure as thiers .To be honest,I don't think i am bold enough to attend the liturgy knowing there is an on going threat on the church .That tells you how strong they are in their faith .God bless our church and our faith and again i repeat "the gates of hell won't prevail "

Romans 12:17-21
    Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Thanks Axum,
    I really felt what you said was inspiring. God bless you bro.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8659.msg109032#msg109032 date=1262885629]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8659.msg109031#msg109031 date=1262885429]
    [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109030#msg109030 date=1262881293]

They can't be talking about the rape of that girl... This girl's relatives killed the father and uncle of this coptic guy. Thats MORE than enough.

P.S It wasn't rape, the guy tried to avenge her for something she did, and took a video while they had sex.

Apparently some Coptic guy raped a muslim girl? I don't believe that; but here's an update:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/8445838.stm

They can't talk about the rape of that girl... This girl's relatives killed the father and uncle of this coptic guy.

P.S It wasn't rape, the guy tried to avenge her for something she did and took a video while they had sex
  • Thank you Axum (great name of the great Empire) for your wise words and the appropriate verses.

This whole business is wrong. Many minor Christian girls were fleeing or abducted but this must never be our way. We have a known saying: There is no smoke if there is no fire. Who took the bad video and put it online is to blame but if there were rape of a minor it's very very bad.

May God help us all and ease this complex situation. Amen.

GBU
  • The killers photos are put in this page (seems they surrendered to police):
    http://ch-joy.com/vb/caaiecn-cassaeoie-aecaaoiiie/10325-oaen-aeaai-adheie-aeiu-iacii.html

...and touching videos related to these events (some in the old Morcossia church):
    http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=lovegod7080#g/u

GBU
  • Here's also a link showing the martyrs:

http://www.light-dark.net/page195-ubai,-United -Arab-Emirates-Saudi-Arabia-and-Islam.html

I really pray that God reveals Himself in this issue.
  • sorry link doesn't work, just dodgy google ads inviting me to date saudi girls or work in the middle east.... could u try another link perhaps?
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8659.msg109101#msg109101 date=1263076261]
    sorry link doesn't work, just dodgy google ads inviting me to date saudi girls or work in the middle east.... could u try another link perhaps?

Hiya Sista,

All links worked for me.

I advise that you go to www.light-dark.net it will have everything there.

I just saw abouna Makari Younan's prayer meeting. I am seriously expecting something to happen.
  • I just saw the video and i am extremely saddened.I don't think the government of Egypt or the U.S.A or the U.N will help with anything what so ever .Every worldly solution comes with strings attached .Lets all pray for God's comfort .

• [quote author=axum link=topic=8659.msg109116#msg109116 date=1263091703]
    I just saw the video and i am extremely saddened.I don't think the government of Egypt or the U.S.A or the U.N will help with anything what so ever .Every worldly solution comes with strings attached .Lets all pray for God's comfort .

Did you see this one? This is the one that really gets me:

http://www.light-dark.net/page195-ubai,-United -Arab-Emirates-Saudi-Arabia-and-Islam.html

I'm extremely saddened by all this. You just finish the Holy Mass of the Celebrating the Feast of the Nativity, and then you get pumped with lead upon leaving the Church. No time or chance to say goodbye to your family, no time to confess, no time to do anything.

They really think we deserve this? Their religion really tells them "this is OK" ?

It is so heinous, I pity them.

A lot of muslims, BELIEVE ME, will be looking at these murderers as heroes, and brave islamic men who will be Islamic martyrs.

Hatred IS embedded in the Quran. Period. There's no debate there. And the UN isn't going to change the Koran.

I can only hope Abouna Zakaria gets through to them before Osama bin Laden.
  • May the Almighty Lord give their family comfort and strength!

"Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus" Romans 15:5

By the way, are we allowed to waste our time and energy and pray for the coward murderers who no-doubt are children of Lucifer?

Brotherly greetings,
  • [quote author=Melchoir link=topic=8659.msg109185#msg109185 date=1263209484]

By the way, are we allowed to waste our time and energy and pray for the coward murderers who no-doubt are children of Lucifer?

Is this Christianity???
  • [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=8659.msg109203#msg109203 date=1263249484]
    [quote author=Melchoir link=topic=8659.msg109185#msg109185 date=1263209484]

Is this Christianity???

No it isn't.

But I tell you: Love you enemies and pray for those who persecute you..
    Mathew 5:44

God bless
    Tony
  • [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=8659.msg109203#msg109203 date=1263249484]

Is this Christianity???

Dear Godislove260, yes, it is! This is not a simple animosity that we find, for instance, among our Judeo-Chirstian family. These are murderers, children of Lucifer who are rebeling against the Almighty GOD. We don't have to love them! We don't have to pray for them, as they continuesly do things that are very much against the will of God. In fact, they are God's enemy, and we need not to show mercy to the enemies of thee, we need to hate what they are doing.

King David said, "Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies" (Psalm 139:21-22).
  • [quote author=Melchoir link=topic=8659.msg109526#msg109526 date=1264181314]
    [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=8659.msg109203#msg109203 date=1263249484]

Is this Christianity???

Dear Godislove260, yes, it is! This is not a simple animosity that we find, for instance, among our Judeo-Chirstian family. These are murderers, children of Lucifer who are rebeling against the Almighty GOD. We don't have to love them! We don't have to pray for them, as they continuesly do things that are very much against the will of God. In fact, they are God's enemy, and we need not to show mercy to the enemies of thee, we need to hate what they are doing.

King David said, "Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies" (Psalm 139:21-22).

Melchior,

I am afraid we don't adhere to the same religion..

God have mercy!
  • Clearly we must pray for all, even and especially those who appear most evil.

It is hard to see how the views which Melchoir proposes can be reconciled with the teaching of our Lord. But I am not sure whether Melchoir means us to understand what he has written in the way we clearly have. Melchoir may wish to explain how he understands the words of Christ to forgive and pray for those who harm us?

Father Peter
  • I can understand how Melchoir is feeling. We all get those feelings but have to overcome them. Dear Melchoir Christianity means following the teachings of Christ and His message in the new testament is love and forgiveness. He came to fulfil what all the prophets including King David prophesied about. My advice to you is don't judge and don't call them such names but please pray for them even though your brain may find it difficult to forgive them