What the nale "bishoy" means in coptic ?

Hello, i have a question :
What does the word "Pishoy" (or Bishoy) means in coptic ?
Sometime i read that the name ishoy Means in Coptic Language "Upscale or Highness" and sometime "just"
Where is the true ?
Thanks.
God Bless You

Comments

• Pishoy means lofty... or worthy... or High
  • [coptic]A;anacy pamenrit>
    my `k`s`cqai vyetafcaji qarof - nicaji ouontyk `nouhojhej nemwou[/coptic]
    can you write what you talked about - the words that you have a problem with
    [coptic]]meu`i je piswi `n`fermyineuin an `ite [/coptic]lofty [coptic]ie [/coptic]worthy [coptic]ouoh ]ouws `nsini `nrwmi`nhouo qa naimyini nai - `fermyieuin[/coptic] "high"
    I think that "[coptic]piswi[/coptic]" doesn't mean either lofty or worthy and I want to ask Superman about those meanings - it does mean "high"
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • it was to my understanding... I was always taught by monks and priests in the monasteries that the term for it in Arabic is "samy" meaning lofty or of a lot of worth... or higher level...

lol as you can see ana homar when it comes to Coptic... slowly learning...

forgive me if I said something wrong!
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=8596.msg108521#msg108521 date=1261163362]
    it was to my understanding... I was always taught by monks and priests in the monasteries that the term for it in Arabic is "samy" meaning lofty or of a lot of worth... or higher level...

lol as you can see ana homar when it comes to Coptic... slowly learning...

forgive me if I said something wrong!

"Samy" is differnt than "Bishoy"
  • [coptic]]sep`hmot `ntotk e;be pekjinerouw ourwmi`nhouo - qen oume;myi piswi ie `pswi `nceswpi han`cmot an alla `n;wou ne niautonom`ia ceermyineuin [/coptic]"the highness"[coptic]> ce`ser`,rac;e `mmoc euermineuin[/coptic] "up above" [coptic]ie [/coptic]"towards heaven"
    thank you for your reply Superman - in fact [coptic]piswi [/coptic]or [coptic]`pswi [/coptic]are not adjectives but they are pronouns meaning "the highness", they can be used to mean "up above" or "towards heaven"
    [coptic]e;be picaji `naraboc (samy) `fnaswpi (efswi) ie (euswi) ie (ecswi) eterhelpic ejen nicaji etnyou[/coptic]
    As for the Arabic word "samy" it will be ([coptic]efswi[/coptic]) or ([coptic]euswi[/coptic]) or ([coptic]ecswi[/coptic]) depending on the following words
  • [coptic]`ebolqen pajinme`ui `mmauatf (`pswi) `fjere [/coptic](above) [coptic]hwc ovadece afje alla aryou (piswi) `fwp `e picaji (empsa) etefjere je[/coptic] (worthy) [coptic]`mvry] `nourwmi`nhouo afje[/coptic].
    Just from memory, 'epshoi' means 'above' as Ophadece has said, but maybe 'Pishoy' is also related to 'emepsha' which means worthy, as Superman suggested.

(Btw [coptic]jere[/coptic] is a verb which literally means 'to mean', whereas [coptic]myini[/coptic] is 'to signify' but they both work.)

[coptic]oujai qen p[oic[/coptic]
    Health and safety in the Lord
  • [coptic]`P[Cnainan pamenrit>
    ]sep`hmot `ntotk e;be tekma;yma - `,oi oumyi qen jere nem myini alla `n]]ma] an nemak on. piryma `nte piautonom`ia em`psa pe erem`psa alla piryma `nte piswi gar pe sai. [/coptic]
    Thank you for the information - you are right in [coptic]jere [/coptic]and [coptic]myini [/coptic]but I disagree also. The verb of the noun [coptic]em`psa [/coptic]is [coptic]erem`psa [/coptic]but the verb of [coptic]piswi [/coptic]is [coptic]sai[/coptic].
    [coptic]`n]nau an `noumour oute naicaji `cnau[/coptic]
    I don't see a link between those two words