guys please pray for my uncle

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
he just died.. he was muslim please pray for him thank you

Comments

• May the Lord rest his soul at the bossom of his Saints.
  • he died as a muslim thats why also i am so sad
  • God blss him
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=8568.msg108309#msg108309 date=1260504974]
    he died as a muslim thats why also i am so sad

Do not worry,just pray. Tell your abouna , he will guide you. At the end, only God knows what would happen to each of us at the day of judgement.
  • I'm afraid the worst :/ We can't really do anything now... He had a whole life to repent.

Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6
  • its true that we don't believe people can go to heaven by believing in other religions. but we don't know what happened to bigeee's uncle before he died, maybe he was thinking about Jesus our Saviour before he died or asking God to show him the true way, we can never know.
    i was with my friend's brother shortly before he died, he was 25 and dying of cancer, but he was already in a coma when i met him. his family were reading from the koran and preparing for his death, but i was praying for God to reveal Himself, He can do that even if someone is in a coma. i prayed a lot afterwards as well, because i was so sad that maybe he did not know God.
    we believe God never makes a mistake, if someone rejected Him, then they will not go to heaven, but because we do not know the situation we can share our distress with God. we know that God has mercy, and so we can trust Him to do what is right and merciful.
  • masboota, i have never seen a better answer than that
  • [quote author=PaNo5 link=topic=8568.msg108336#msg108336 date=1260650774]
    I'm afraid the worst :/ We can't really do anything now... He had a whole life to repent.
    Jesus said, “I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  No one comes to the Father except through Me.”  John 14:6

I do not think we are in the position to know what happens to non-christians at the day of judgement.They may not get to the heavenly jerusalem,but they may also not go to the eternal furnace. We do not know or? Consider ; a person who lived his or her whole life in a closed Moslem community, without any contact to the outside world,illiterate, never heard of Christ, of good heart,lived life according to Islam, etc. Whose fault is it in such cases?

I think God would me much more harsher with people who claim to know him though His Son, but sin and fail Him.A judge would render a sever sentence over the transgressions of a lawyer who would break the law wilfully. So, I do not see anything wrong with praying for the deceased and we do that for everyone,specially for those who have nobody to pray for them.

I think,we should be more concerned with our own salvation.
  • god shows himslef through everything everywhere-its pretty hard to not see him
  • Psa 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the expanse proclaims His handiwork.
    Psa 19:2 Day to day pours forth speech, and night to night reveals knowledge.
    Psa 19:3 There is no speech nor are there words; their voice is not heard.
    Psa 19:4 Their line has gone out through all the earth and their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun,
    Psa 19:5 and he comes forth as a bridegroom from his canopy; he rejoices as a strong man to run a race,
    Psa 19:6 going forth from the end of the heavens, and its course is to their ends. And there is nothing hid from its heat.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from Heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness,
    Rom 1:19 because the thing which may be known of God is clearly revealed within them, for God revealed it to them.
    Rom 1:20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.
    Rom 1:21 Because, knowing God, they did not glorify Him as God, neither were thankful. But they became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Rom 1:22 Professing to be wise, they became fools
    Rom 1:23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man, and birds, and four-footed animals, and creeping things.

Every man is born with the Light of God revealing himself to them.
    Joh 1:4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
    Joh 1:5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overtake it.

Rom 1:20 For the unseen things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being realized by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, for them to be without excuse.
  • [quote author=Mozes link=topic=8568.msg108345#msg108345 date=1260663503]
    I do not think we are in the position to know what happens to non-christians at the day of judgement.They may not get to the heavenly jerusalem,but they may also not go to the eternal furnace. We do not know or? Consider ; a person who lived his or her whole life in a closed Moslem community, without any contact to the outside world,illiterate, never heard of Christ, of good heart,lived life according to Islam, etc. Whose fault is it in such cases?

Considering the example you mentioned: Since Quran mentions Jesus and christians' beliefs of Crucifixion and Resurrection, they have the basic information about Jesus which they can enhance by searching. And of course when Jesus finds the least of faith he'll touch his heart and reveal them more.
    I just don't believe that with praying, God, will change his opinion. 
  • [quote author=PaNo5 link=topic=8568.msg108354#msg108354 date=1260684165]
    Considering the example you mentioned: Since Quran mentions Jesus and christians' beliefs of Crucifixion and Resurrection, they have the basic information about Jesus which they can enhance by searching. And of course when Jesus finds the least of faith he'll touch his heart and reveal them more.

Pano5,

make no mistake about it,the Jesus of the koran is not our Jesus. Their Jesus is not a crucified and resurrected Jesus,but one who cheats the crowd into thinking that he was the one who was crucified.The Koran hails Judas Iscariot as a hero and denies the crucification,death and resurrection of our Lord. The prophet Mohammed claimed he was made Lord over Isa ,as they call him ,during his mystical Journey to Jerusalem. He even said,that he saw Jesus in 2nd heaven and not in the 7th heaven where he met Abraham and Moses.Look at how junior is the status of the Koran Jesus.Make no mistake about it.

What makes you think that an an illiterate moslem who grew up in a conservative moslem community (think about some remote places in Saudi Arabia,for example) all his/her life knowing nothing but the message of the Koran could search about Jesus for further knowledge when they never heard of Him?
  • masboota, hahhahaha sorry i miss typed my post. I meant i have never seen an answer better than that.
    forgive me sorry
  • no worries, keeps me from being so proud!  ;)
    was going to say 'keeps me humble' but then remembered i was not humble in the first place!
      :D
  • [quote author=Mozes link=topic=8568.msg108421#msg108421 date=1260843117]
    [quote author=PaNo5 link=topic=8568.msg108354#msg108354 date=1260684165]

Pano5,

make no mistake about it,the Jesus of the koran is not our Jesus. Their Jesus is not a crucified and resurrected Jesus,but one who cheats the crowd into thinking that he was the one who was crucified.The Koran hails Judas Iscariot as a hero and denies the crucification,death and resurrection of our Lord. The prophet Mohammed claimed he was made Lord over Isa ,as they call him ,during his mystical Journey to Jerusalem. He even said,that he saw Jesus in 2nd heaven and not in the 7th heaven where he met Abraham and Moses.Look at how junior is the status of the Koran Jesus.Make no mistake about it.

What makes you think that an an illiterate moslem who grew up in a conservative moslem community (think about some remote places in Saudi Arabia,for example) all his/her life knowing nothing but the message of the Koran could search about Jesus for further knowledge when they never heard of Him?

They are actually talking about the same Jesus but instead of crucified and resurrected (Which would make Christianity the right one) they deny that (which makes them right in THEIR eyes). When I read a book and see that this book denies something I'll for sure search for it so I could make my own conclusion. Satan has done the wrong to give basic information about Christianity and Jesus, so the people who would search for it find the true path.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8568.msg108338#msg108338 date=1260653971]
    its true that we don't believe people can go to heaven by believing in other religions. but we don't know what happened to bigeee's uncle before he died, maybe he was thinking about Jesus our Saviour before he died or asking God to show him the true way, we can never know.
    i was with my friend's brother shortly before he died, he was 25 and dying of cancer, but he was already in a coma when i met him. his family were reading from the koran and preparing for his death, but i was praying for God to reveal Himself, He can do that even if someone is in a coma. i prayed a lot afterwards as well, because i was so sad that maybe he did not know God.
    we believe God never makes a mistake, if someone rejected Him, then they will not go to heaven, but because we do not know the situation we can share our distress with God. we know that God has mercy, and so we can trust Him to do what is right and merciful.

well said mabsoota, i agree. God is the only judge and only He knows the hearts of everyone and their cirumstances at/before death.
    bigee I am sorry for your loss and I hope you feel encouraged that God is merciful and no one knows His judgments but Him.
  • [quote author=PaNo5 link=topic=8568.msg108441#msg108441 date=1260884815]
    They are actually talking about the same Jesus but instead of crucified and resurrected (Which would make Christianity the right one) they deny that (which makes them right in THEIR eyes). When I read a book and see that this book denies something I'll for sure search for it so I could make my own conclusion. Satan has done the wrong to give basic information about Christianity and Jesus, so the people who would search for it find the true path.

If they are not talking about the Jesus who was born of a Virgin, died and resurrected,then they are talking about somebody else. We dont know the kind of Jesus they have in their holy book. Just like their God is not our God, their Isa is not our Jesus. Similar names does not mean the same person.

I want you to tell me,how an illiterate person who is confined to their own community are going to do research on something they have no idea of?? That is my whole point.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.