Muslims being exorsed by Fr. Makari Younan

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,

I was just watching Al Hayat, and something really funny happened. Abouna Makari was just going around the Church to see who wanted the devil removed from them... I could personally recommended a few - but - anyway, they were all muslims.

The entire Church was filled with muslim women.

Anyway, this muslim lady stands up and speaks with a man's voice. Apparently the devil in her wanted to marry her. Anyway, it was a really long discussion. Fr. Makari prays on her, and when she's freed from the evil spirit, she says "Allah Akbar!"

hahaha.

Surely the CoC should be asking them not to say that??

Comments

• So what's wrong with saying God is great in Arabic?
  • i think QT meant the significance behind what she said.. like she was still a firm believer in islam even after all of the good that Christians have done for her.
  • thats true because we dont say that muslims do because they believe in "allah"
  • hahahah wow that is pretty funny  :P
    It's too bad for them, but hopefully God can shed some light in their lives.
  • Well,this is simple. The woman knows only 'allah wa akbar'. The departing demon would not teach her about Christ during his residence in her body.The demon is happy to leave her as he found her. The job of enlightening the person about Christ should come, after someone is healed and not during the healing process.

The CoC should not be forbidding anyone of anything as there is no complusion in our faith.
  • [quote author=Mozes link=topic=8540.msg108049#msg108049 date=1259634671]
    Well,this is simple. The woman knows only 'allah wa akbar'. The departing demon would not teach her about Christ during his residence in her body.The demon is happy to leave her as he found her. The job of enlightening the person about Christ should come, after someone is healed and not during the healing process.

The CoC should not be forbidding anyone of anything as there is no complusion in our faith.

Of course I'm not suggesting that muslims pay for this service, however, but all I'm saying is that, it is wrong that they think Christ is a Prophet and they come to our Churches seeking healing.

This is wrong. They must admit that Christ IS God Incarnate!!

They obviously don't believe that. I hate it when they tell us "Yes, we respect Christ, because He is our Prophet Also!".

Why doesn't their imam go and take the evil spirits out in Mohammad's name?

I know that it is right to help the unbelievers etc, but even Christ demanded to see the faith from those around Him before He healed them.

• the correct arabic (as used by Christians) is 'allah, huwa al akbar'. the common muslim phrase 'allah akbar' is not quite right grammatically, but is what was said by mohammed, so the muslims say this and the Christians don't.
    i like mozes' post, it makes sense.
  • Everyone that Christ healed believed in Him.

We are removing demons from Muslim women and they leave us still believing in Islam.

How can that be?

I thought your faith heals you anyway.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8540.msg108065#msg108065 date=1259694684]
    Everyone that Christ healed believed in Him.

We are removing demons from Muslim women and they leave us still believing in Islam.

How can that be?

They believed that HE can heal them but not that He was the Son of God all these things we believe in about God.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=8540.msg108065#msg108065 date=1259694684]
    Everyone that Christ healed believed in Him.

How can that be?

Actually there are a lot of muslims, veiled ones even, that believe in Jesus Christ and thats why they come to church and get healed because of their strong  faith. They just can't proclaim it out in the open because they would get killed.
  • I don't like it when muslims openly see miracles such as Saint Mary appearing in Zeitoun, and still insist that it is a miracle in the islamic faith as much as it is a miracle to us.

I don't think this thread is going to change that.. but i do find this issue annoying: Give credit where credit is due, and that is to Jesus Christ - God incarnate.