NEED AN ANSWER ASAP !

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
can someone explain the discrepancy in these two verses PLEASE:

Genesis  7: 2 and Genesis 7 :8-9 !

This is kinda important as soon as possible; thanks :)

Comments

• hi
    the way I understood it is: in verse 2 God determined the number of pairs to go with Noah for example 7 pairs ( mail and female) of the clean and 2 pairs of the unclean. In verse 7-9 he was describing the way they entered through the door " two by two they went into the ark to Noah".

Imagin a long line leading to the door and all animals were walking in two by two. so if there were 2 pairs then 1 pair of 2 goes in, and then the other 2 will follow. If they were 7 pairs then 1 pair of 2 will go in followed by another pair of 2 and so on till the seven pairs go in.
    I hope this  explains it.
    God bless
  • thank you! that makes things so much clearer =). Someone used this as a point to show a contradiction in the bible. But theres no contracdiction at all  ;)
  • [quote author=Child of The Faith link=topic=8477.msg107603#msg107603 date=1257668111]
    thank you! that makes things so much clearer =). Someone used this as a point to show a contradiction in the bible. But theres no contracdiction at all  ;)

Many atheists use these kind of things to try and trick people. I find these people amazing, they tell us we are unreasonable for believing a God we cannot see, yet they continually obsess over and attack, as well as hate, a God they dont believe. What is more reasonable? I think reason is on our side.