Living in Repentance

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Ok This is a complex question so bear with my wording and forgive me if i word it wrong

How do I live a life of Repentance?
I know when you confess you truely have to be sorry but the diff between me and all the saints you hear about is once abouna reads the absolution i feel good and dont feel "sorry"anymore....what does living in repentance mean?

Comments

• + There is a book by H.H. Pope Shenouda III about The LIFE of Repentance and Purity.
    His Holiness Pope Shenouda III is a huge blessing-may God protect him forever from all evil and keep him with us.
    http://www.stmarycoptic.com/bashnona.htm
    Anba Bidaba.
  • +i meant to say watch anba Bidaba too as well as Abouna Beshnouna...loll..but i couldnt find the link to the movie anba Bidaba so i just wrote his name. :)
    GLory be to GOD!
  • i didn't read the book but this is my small opinion.
    i think you should feel good that your sins are forgiven, and for the next few minutes (hours, if you are not like me!) that you spend without sinning.
    but then the next time your find proud or vengeful (taking revenge on someone you don't like) thoughts in your mind, or lust, anger, hatred, rebellion, impatience with God etc, you should immediately repent to God and feel sorry.
    this is what is meant in 2 corinthians 10:5 when it says 'we... take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ'.
    so, don't wait till you do or say something sinful before you repent to God, watch your thoughts, and then you will be living a life of repentance.

and please pray for me because i would really like to do this!
  • mabsoota that makes so much sense thank you for that :D

ilovejesus...the link excited me cause i wanted to learn about bashnouna, unfortunately the story is about St Thomas the hermit?
    even though the bishop says bashnouna

and i will look into that book thank you :D

Pray for me and my weakness plz
  • sorry i love jesus this was a mistake it was just the intro thanks again
  • +looll, your funny
    how was it?
    Living the repentance life is going thru the narrow gate. HH Pope Shenouda III said that "it is better for u to weary yourself here on earth and attain crowns of struggle than to have rest here and be tired in eternity." -Its from his book "Diabolic wars".
    "He must increase, but i must decrease." (John 3:30).

HH Pope Shenouda III also has a sermon from the year 1990 called "Heart importance" ..here's the link: http://stmarkla.org/?p=Arabic%20Sermons/His%20Holiness%20Pope%20Shenouda%20III/1990&option=com_zina&Itemid=266
    and click on the title  "Heart importance 90 35"

Rabena Ma3ek
  • I Did watch it it was amazing thank you

Pray for me and my weakness