el baraka

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows are girls allowed to eat the baraka or the "aghape" that gets passed out at the end of the liturgy if they have their period.
i was taught that we are not supposed to but I heard that we can. Did anyone hear it from a bishop or something before???

Comments

• [quote author=Marina6 link=topic=8374.msg106592#msg106592 date=1254098330]
    hey guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows are girls allowed to eat the baraka or the "aghape" that gets passed out at the end of the liturgy if they have their period.
    i was taught that we are not supposed to but I heard that we can. Did anyone hear it from a bishop or something before???

of course you are allowed. el baraka is as it means "barak" = "blessing" and something that shows the fellowship love we have in Christ Jesus. It is a simply of the basic aghapy meals that are after liturgies.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • but many of the church fathers say no since this bread might have been choosen to be the body, kinda like going in the altar..we are not supposed to
  • +i guess its ok if its baraka..but my abouna said girls are not allowed to eat the baraka used from the hammal...
    my church calls it the deacons baraka.
    someone plz clarify??
  • [quote author=Marina6 link=topic=8374.msg106604#msg106604 date=1254104770]
    but many of the church fathers say no since this bread might have been choosen to be the body, kinda like going in the altar..we are not supposed to

Qoutr some fathers please.

You are right. One of those would be the Body BUT, sacrifice was already presented and we become one with Christ and that orbana was not chosen.
  • I love how we make a big deal about periods!!!

a girl can do any and everything while on her period except take communion... if the guys had an open cut that was bleeding they also would not be allowed to take communion, and of course girls if they were not on their period and had a cut that was bleeding, by all means they cannot take communion... 

but all this talk of girls cant do this and cant do that, does not make sense!

once I heard an elder lady talking to a group of girls about the period (don't ask me why, but I was sitting in the middle of the "group" getting the lesson!) and she told them things along the line of not taking baraka... of not serving... of not coming close to the altar, but rather sit in the last benches... and if you can just don't make it to church at all if you have your period!!!

now that I think about it... I'm thinking does this make any sense?!

ya binty do everything you want to, just don't commune because of the blood flow!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!