HCOC NEW PRODUCTION: Rite of the Raising of Incense

edited September 2009 in Hymns Discussion
The HCOC choir presents its newest release:
The Rite and Hymns of the Raising of Incense (Annual and Joyous).
The HCOC Chorus have been working hard in producing this production for 3 years.
The chorus is offering the Rite of the Raising of Incense free of charge until the end of october 2009. An excellent and complete source to learn the hymns of the coptic church. 8 CDs! Order your copy now!!! Please view the following link for more information:

http://www.copticheritage.org/Productions_raisingincense.phtml

Comments

• AHHHH!! THANK YOU JESUS!!
  • Is that a hoax? When I opened the link it said the CD's cost $3.99, and that was not including the shipping, as I obviously live in the UK, the cheapest method of shipping would be $27 something. Please don't that - we are Christians, if it is decided as free, then it is free (and I am not even talking about the shipping).
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • Ophadece, if they were charging you the total charge would most likely have been around $50 if shipping is 27. Its not their fault that you don't live in North America as orthodoxbookstore.org is the one you would order from. And they are focused on the US not abroad.
  • I also get the same thing. It tells me it's  $3.99 and then charges $4.95 for shipping. I live in the U.S. Is there any reason why this may be?
  • same thing with me
  • [coptic]`mmon de anok `mmauatt[/coptic]
    Not only me then
  • i guess orthodoxbookstore.org would like to get some revenue out of this production!!!
  • hey everyone,

Just an update...

Kalax wrote:

"Agape,

I assure you that we are not misleading anyone with false information.

The HCOC made an agreement with all of our vendors/distributors one of them being www.orthodoxbookstore.org

The agreement on our part is that they give the production totally free to the people. The individual would only pay for shipping to be fair to our distributors for helping us deliver this production to the hands of the people. That is our AGREEMENT!

I will get albair to reaffirm this on the forum.

It appears that some of our vendors/disributors are not following our agreement.

Thanks for bringing this to the HCOC attention as we would have never known simply because we don't order ourselves.

I'M CALLING ALBAIR RIGHT NOW TO SORT THIS OUT!!!

We appologize for any confusion this may have caused you and others.

God bless"

Albair wrote:

"Hi all,
    When I talked to our online distributor orthodoxbookstore, they assured me that this was an honest mistake, and they changed it back to $.99 which is the cost of shipping the CDs from Canada to Washigton DC and handling.
    I take this opportunity to encourage all the deacons every where to make use of this great offer so you can listen to one of the very important rites in the church that is prayed at least once every week.
    We have been working on this project for more than 3 years but we would like to give this production away for all who are interested in Coptic Hymns to encourage everyone to learn and chant Coptic hymns.
    Please pray for the choir so we can finish our message and record the rest of the rites of the Coptic church."

Visit:

http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/theriteandhymnsoftheraisingofincense.aspx

• I thought this CD was free completely. I thought we only had to pay the shipping and handling.
  • [coptic]`m`vry] etaimeu`i[/coptic]
    I thought so too
  • Guys did you not just see the last post?
  • [quote author=ABasanti link=topic=8355.msg106518#msg106518 date=1253852782]
    hey everyone,

Just an update...

Kalax wrote:

"Agape,

I assure you that we are not misleading anyone with false information.

The HCOC made an agreement with all of our vendors/distributors one of them being www.orthodoxbookstore.org

The agreement on our part is that they give the production totally free to the people. The individual would only pay for shipping to be fair to our distributors for helping us deliver this production to the hands of the people. That is our AGREEMENT!

I will get albair to reaffirm this on the forum.

It appears that some of our vendors/disributors are not following our agreement.

Thanks for bringing this to the HCOC attention as we would have never known simply because we don't order ourselves.

I'M CALLING ALBAIR RIGHT NOW TO SORT THIS OUT!!!

We appologize for any confusion this may have caused you and others.

God bless"

Albair wrote:

"Hi all,
    When I talked to our online distributor orthodoxbookstore, they assured me that this was an honest mistake, and they changed it back to $.99 which is the cost of shipping the CDs from Canada to Washigton DC and handling.
    I take this opportunity to encourage all the deacons every where to make use of this great offer so you can listen to one of the very important rites in the church that is prayed at least once every week.
    We have been working on this project for more than 3 years but we would like to give this production away for all who are interested in Coptic Hymns to encourage everyone to learn and chant Coptic hymns.
    Please pray for the choir so we can finish our message and record the rest of the rites of the Coptic church."

Visit:

http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/theriteandhymnsoftheraisingofincense.aspx

Seriously?! I ordered it for 11 dollars, i live right by DC!
  • Aghapy,
                The United States has many churches that have the CDs and two main distributors which one is East coast Washington D.C. (orthodox bookstore) and on the West coast California (St. Antony Monastery and Aghapy Bookstore) also Florida can send out. So that’s almost the four corners of the United States. Find out which corner you live closest to (obviously if your own church doesn't have any) and you can order from there to get the cheapest price. The CDs are free until October. As our gift to the people. Only the CDs. Shipping is a completely different subject and obviously shipping must be paid for, which cost around $20 in America depending where you live. However, when you get oversees as with anything that you order from America you know it’s going to cost a lot about $50 - $60. Whether it’s UK or Australia.
              The reason why UK and Australia do not have the CDs is because they do not want to order them because the shipping cost is too much. However if they did order them with a bulk quantity which is what America does then they can simply send them out around there country. It would be nice if you guys can tell your churches or cathedrals, monasteries to order a bulk quantity so we can send directly to them and you guys can order from them. It is a shame that this is preventing people from purchasing these beautiful productions just because there churches do not want to order them. I'm pretty sure they order many other things from America and pay the same amount so why not just throw in our productions as well. Please talk to your distributors and let them know the importance of our productions and our goal. I apologize again for any misunderstanding and may God bless you all and help you by getting these productions. To learn the hymns of our church. + .