Does God hear all our prayers?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Does God hear all our prayers? Does He hear little informal prayers in the middle of something like "Please God help me with w/e" ?

Comments

• Yes of course He hears EVERYTHING, Knows EVERYTHING, Sees EVERYTHING, God is Limitless, He's not like us that we might miss something if so many people are talking. That's what makes God, God. God knows everything about you, every little detail, He has your hairs numbered and not one can fall off of your head without His permission. If He can take care of the Universe and all that is in it, Don't you think He would be able to hear your "little" prayers.
  • Thanks Jydeacon!
    I'm relieved!
  • i agree with jydeacon
    matthew 10: 27-31
    He knows what we need before we ask Him.
    matthew 6:8
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • does God hear our prayers when we are in a state of sin?
  • +Sodr, God is very compassionate. If you honestly talk to Him and ask Him to help you overcome, He will hear us and help us. He will hear your prayers when it is from your heart. God doesnt want the multitude of words Matthew 15:8 "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." but He wants your heart...when adam and eve fell, God didnt just leave them to die, He sent His Son Jesus to die-His beloved Son is the ultimate sacrifice on the account of our sins. When u fall, God wants you to rise from that fall. He will not leave you to die.

We will always be in a state of sin, because we are weak. Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God" . no matter wat WE do, we will still fall short of God. but its out of God's love and His Grace, that we are who we are-1 Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me." Pray to Him from your heart and He will listen.

I bought a book from the monastery called you are My delightful garden-by Father Tadros Malaty. Its in the following link:
    http://www.coepaonline.org/downDetails.php?pageNum_titleDetails=1&nav=downloads&cat_id=1&subcat_id=23&thrdcat_id=51&totalRows_titleDetails=13
    and click on "0613 - You Are My Delightful Garden"....the book shows how much God loves us through bible verses in the bible as letters from God!!!!!!!  :D

the devil tricks us and tells us we cant pray to God wen we are full of sin, or wen u have had an arguement with someone, or he says that God wont accept you or that God doesnt love you, THE LIST GOES ON!! because the devil realises how much of a enormous importance and weapon prayer is to overcome the evil one. Because prayer allows you to be connected with God http://www.stmarkla.org/?p=Contemplations/His%20Holiness%20Pope%20Shenouda%20III&option=com_zina&Itemid=266 and the devil is scared and will run away from the presence of God. the devil will find to any excuse for u not to pray. When we struggle to pray or our struggle against sin, God not only sees our struggles but He will help us. It is better if we rise here on earth after our fall and to be accepted by God, than to blaspheme the Holy Spirit(rejecting repentance) and to be rejected by God on judgement day (by then it will be too late to repent-"u had ur chance on earth") and spend the all of eternity in the hell fire.

When u pray u get a strength to repent and come back to God.-H.H. Pope Shenouda III.

TRY YOUR BEST NOT TO LET ANYTHING GET IN THE WAY OF PRAYING. James 4:8-Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

• +Also, we should try our best to please God in all ways and struggle against sin..and His Grace will strengthen us.
    http://www.stmarkla.org/?p=Contemplations/His%20Holiness%20Pope%20Shenouda%20III&option=com_zina&Itemid=266  in HH Pope Shenouda's contemplations number one called "Arga3_Mara_Tany_Lrbna" is all about how to pray
  • +Prayer is the return of the repentant to God -Saint Ignatius
    http://www.coepa.org/downDetails.php?pageNum_titleDetails=1&nav=downloads&cat_id=1&subcat_id=23&thrdcat_id=29&totalRows_titleDetails=20
    and click on "0411 - The Holy Psalmody" for quotes throughout the psalmody about prayer...
  • lovely thoughts  :)
  • Of course he does!
    Matthew 10:27-31

God Bles :)