Communion

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Would it be considered taking communion unworthly if you are upset?/mad?/disappointed? with somebody while that somebody isnt? If so, is this like any other sin that needs to be confessed or something more must/should be done?

please keep me and my many weaknesses in your prayers
-your sister in Christ

Comments

• NO ONE IS WORTHY OF TAKING COMMUNION... period!

so we have to try to be worthy of communion as much as we can... at least at the things we can!

if somebody is upset with somebody... mad with that person... they should try to reconcile with that person, except if that person's reconciliation will cause trouble with your relationship with God... than dont reconcile but rather fix the feeling with your heart... dont hold a grudge...

and explain the situation to your father of confession... telling him all the story... and go with what he says!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • as Superman said,  you should first of all ask your priest, because every situation is different.  However, in general, one should not partake of the Holy Body and Blood, if they are upset with someone.  When we say "greet one another with a holy kiss", that is to show that we are not angry, we are not mad, we are not busy dealing with petty earthly things, but to show that we are all united in love for each other through Christ, whose Body we are to partake of.
  • [quote author=gregorytheSinner link=topic=8213.msg104997#msg104997 date=1248678943]
    every situation is different. 

What if one is not mad but concerned about the attitude a fellow parishioner began showing towards him. Remember it is simply a perceived negative attitude and nothing concrete. To make matters more complicated the person who is showing the “attitude” is an elderly guy. Would you try to disregard your agitation or what?

In Christ
    Theophilus
  • If he's the one mad at you, then you can either:
    1- Confront him in a Christian Manner (and see if you are at fault)
    2- If your sure you did nothing towards him then turn the other cheek.  And avoid upsetting him.

Those are the two things off the top of my head that I would most likely do, I'm sure others see this situation differently.
  • [quote author=SuperMAN(BAM) link=topic=8213.msg104994#msg104994 date=1248663365]
    NO ONE IS WORTHY OF TAKING COMMUNION... period!

so we have to try to be worthy of communion as much as we can... at least at the things we can!

if somebody is upset with somebody... mad with that person... they should try to reconcile with that person, except if that person's reconciliation will cause trouble with your relationship with God... than dont reconcile but rather fix the feeling with your heart... dont hold a grudge...

and explain the situation to your father of confession... telling him all the story... and go with what he says!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!

Superman has the right idea, we have to try as hard as we can before communion, but there are certain issues where we shouldn't take communion after, but i think u got the right idea.