The Coptic Evangelism Conference - 2009- Watch Live Online

edited December 1969 in Random Issues

Hey ya Shabab:
I pray that all of you are doing well in Christ that always strengthen us.
We are very blessed to have our Annual evangelism Conference this Year in Orlando Florida, Saturday August 15Th.
I know that many of us, including my self, will not be able to attend in person that is why we can watch it online :)
The guest Speakers are really good and you will enjoy their experiences, Here is the list:
+ H. G. Bishop Youssef of Bolivia will speak to us on the mission going on in Bolivia.
+ Father Paisius David Altschul from St. Mary of Egypt Serbian Orthodox Church – Kansas City, MO will speak to us on How to Evangelize to African Americans.
+ Our Brother Patrick will tell us His experience & conversion to the Orthodox Church.
+ Our Brother Rida will speak to us on the Rochester Mission trips and how as well as the urban missions in Orlando.
+ Uncle Victor will speak to us Regarding the past Mission trips to Mexico & our Church there.
This is a great Opportunity don't Let it pass by, We need to be more involved in our Church :)
I know that it is hard to just stay there and watch on a screen but to make it fun you can  organize a spiritual day for the youth in your Church and watch it together and include other activities that you like to do. You can also watch parts of it depending on your time.

Feel free to Join us on our Facebook Events & We hope that you enjoy the day & Benefit Spiritually.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=513100371&ref=name#/event.php?eid=102971392601&ref=mf

* TO WATCH LIVE ON-LINE! *
IF YOU CANNOT ATTEND IN PERSON, THIS EVENT WILL BE BROADCAST LIVE. GO TO: http://www.suscopts.org/stmaryorlando/ AND CLICK ON THE LINK AT THE RIGHT THAT SAYS:
+ Live church video - streaming events - Click here to watch +

For more Information, flyers, poster, Schedule, and Registration Please Visit the following link:
http://evangelismcopticorthodox.org/announcements.html

Plz Pray for me
In Christ
Maria

Comments

• this sounds great!
    what time will it be (approx) in what time zone?
    will there be a recorded program for those of us in other time zones to watch?
    it is a great subject and we should all discuss it (and then do it!)
    :)
  • Dear Mabsoota ( we ya rab dayman tekouni mabsoota :) )
    Here is the schedule however, it might change since we just knew that Anba youssef of Bolivia will join us.  This is according to Orlando, FL eastern time I believe.

09:00 – 11:00 am Divine Liturgy
    Fr. Daoud Tawadrous
    11:00 – 12:15 am Fr. Daoud – Opening Comments
    Patrick Williams & Rida Sadrack: A Convert’s Experience of Orthodoxy & Conducting an Urban Mission
    12:15 – 1:30 pm Lunch
      1:30 – 2:30 pm Evangelism in the African-American Community Part I
    Fr. Paisius David Altschul
      2:30 – 2:45 pm Break
      2:45 – 3:45 pm Evangelism activities  (Mexico, Rochester, others)
    Mr. Victor Beshir
      3:45 – 4:00 pm Break
      4:00 – 5:00 pm Evangelism in the African-American Community Part II
    Fr. Paisius David Altschul
      5:00 – 6:00 pm Dinner Break
      6:00 – 6:30 pm
      6:30 – 7:30 pm
      Vespers
    HG Bishop Youssef of the Southern Diocese – Study in Romans  & closing

It Will be great if we can discuss the lectures afterwards.
    IDEAS FOR THOSE WHO ARE WATCHING ONLINE:
    In our Church God willing we will have our own liturgy followed by breakfast, quick introduction, then Workshop during the parts where they speak about the mission trips since we previously presented them. then we will tune in to the lectures and Anba Youssef of bolvia's talk. So, you can organize the day according to what fits best for your Church.
    [move]
    PLZ SPREAD THE WORD & TRY TO ATTEND :D[/move]
  • Let me bump this so people notice it again.

Please, let us all pray for the success of this conference, and if anyone could be going and is wavering then please make every effort to attend.

Father Peter