No Peace

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I feel like lately i've drifted so far away from God, i've gotten into a lot of things and made stupid mistakes...
and become so materialistic and trying to please people and not God...  and as a result I have no peace.
Even when I try to pray I feel anxious and shaky because i cannot calm down. I get tempted with all sorts of doubtful thoughts when I pray and as a result I just give up. I want to pray however i feel like i am so restless and i can't quiet myself even when I am by myself.
I feel so weak and idk how to fight this and to have peace
any suggestions are greatly appreciatedd

please pray for me and my weakness,
egypt45

Comments

• when I read your post, the first thing that came to my mind was this little ribbon that my friend gave to me... and  its says,

"NO GOD, NO PEACE... KNOW GOD, KNOW PEACE"

become a friend with God, after all He called you to be His friend! force yourself to pray if you have to... but when you pray talk to Him, like you talk to your friends!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • You know egypt45, we all do mistakes ......... it's a human nature........actually, you are on the right track right now… you realized your mistakes and this is the first thing you need to be aware of. This is a huge step that others do not even reach.

Now all what you need is to correct those mistakes and this can be done as we all know through real deep repent and confessing and then taking communion and at the time with lot of prayers without paying a lot of attention to your current feelings. Just keep praying even if you want to stop or even you are not focusing. The habit will gradually change into a deep act of the heart.

Also try to get involved in some spiritual exercises of sacrifices…  there are many that you can choose from according to your ability.. these exercises will help you to get out of your comfort zone to reach others and thus be modest in heart. God bless and never give up. Trust me, we are all under tribulations not only you and it is great to support each other through this site.
  • thanks  Superman and Godslamb for your replies.. i try to pray but sometimes its just so hard because i don't feel any different, sometimes it seems like i am just repeating words which is frustrating... but i feel like God has opened my eyes to a lot of things in the past week as to why i have trouble praying and why I have lost my peace.. when i doubt i tend to panic and busy myself so much because i don't want to face my problem... so instead of adressing the problem i make it worse... i feel that things are slowly getting better.. but please keep me in your prayers..

God bless..
    egypt45