Exams

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
I wonder if people have exams still?

In my liturgies we have been praying each Sunday for all those preparing for and taking exams, but have you all finished now, or are there folk who still need prayers.

God bless

Father Peter

Comments

• There are many people who have school year round (including myself) so the prayers are always welcome abouna. I'll pray for you and your service as well.
  • And there are also people who are taking entry exams for college such as ACT's and SAT's as well as people taking exams into entry for graduate schools all year round. So yeah prayers are always needed for students :)
  • Also, in Egypt, students are currently finishing up their life-determining (literally) high school exams this week. They are in need of many prayers.
  • Hello Fr. Peter,

I am actually taking a class this summer which is very related to my major and I'm currently having issues with this class. Please pray for me, things are not going over too well at the moment and my motivation seems to have left me. It is more of an issue regarding my old habits of studying which I am trying to change but with no success. I dont know what else to do to change (and yes I have prayed). Maybe my interest has changed or maybe I am just an extremely lazy person who is unwilling to push harder. I feel like I need a miracle if I wish to turn my life around. I want to work but cant because of myself. I am at the point where I fear I wont pass and I seem to encounter this sort of situation more often lately. I need your prayers.

Tony
  • May the Lord have mercy on you Tony, and on all those engaged in studies and exams.

Tony, do you have any time management strategies you are using? Do you create task lists with short achievable objectives? There are indeed issues that many of us have around laziness, and letting things drift, but often such propensities are not helped by a lack of organisation. I know that I am finding I need to be much better organised now that I have many more responsibilities.

God bless you and grant you wisdom

Father Peter
  • Abouna, we are so blessed to know that you're praying for all of us students. Thank you so much, May God reward you with his Heavenly Rewards.
    Please remember me in your prayers, as I have a final tomorrow in the hardest class of my area of concentration. Thanks again abouna  :)
    In Christ
    Maria
  • Thank you abouna for praying for people who are having exams. Pls. keep it in all year round. Some grad students have to take state exams which they can take at any time during the year. also in some professions, people have to take exams to upgrade themselves or to renew licenses.
    Once again thank you so much.
  • Dear Father Peter,

Thank you so much for the blessing of your prayers for our beloved ones.

My son Fadi will have two difficult exams these next two Saturdays' mornings (Cairo time).
    Would you please mention him and us too in your prayers?

May Our Lord Jesus Christ bless your ministry, may He keep you safe and strengthen you.

GBU
  • Dear John

I will certainly pray for your son, Fadi.

I have only been online intermittently  as I am camping for a few days and can't be online as much as normal. I am presently typing in a dark tent.

It is a privilege to pray for brother and sisters when they are facing exams, and I know from my own experience in many situations that there is some degree of comfort in knowing that someone is praying.

God bless you and Fadi

Father Peter
  • Father Peter,

I can really use your prayers seeing as how I have a very important exam tomoro, as well as 2 written exams on monday, a practical exam on tuesday, and a final wednesday all back to back. Remember me in your prayers!

tony
  • Dear Father Peter,

Thank you for your care and your kindness.
    Fadi has his first exam tomorrow 8:30 morning, Cairo time.

With God's Grace we are praying together that all who are having exams will answer correctly, perform well and succeed. I am also asking for the supporting intercessions of St Mary and the prayers of the Lord's Martyrs and Saints.

GBU
  • Dearest to Christ, Tony.

I have prayed for you and will continue to pray for you.

And I will set my alarm and try to pray at the time Fadi starts his exam, though I have also remembered him today and will do so again this evening.

God bless you

Father Peter
  • Dear Father Peter,

Thank you for your prayers for Fadi and everyone having exams.
    With the Grace of God Fadi told us he did generally well.

We pray and hope he and all who are having exams will do well also on the next ones.

GBU
  • Dear Father Peter,

Would it be fine to ask you for more exam prayers?

Your prayers are very comforting and Fadi is very grateful.
    My son will have the more difficult exam tomorrow morning (in fact, today: Saturday).

May the Lord also help all who are having exams and grant them to write the best answers.

GBU
  • I will certainly pray for him John.

I am just retiring and will mention him in my prayers and when I wake. I have to wake to let the dog out and Fadi will probably be starting his exam then in Egypt.

God bless you and him

Father Peter
  • Dear father Peter,

Thank you for your comforting kind prayers for us.
    He said he answered well the last exam, which was harder.

We expect the results of his two exams will be available tomorrow.
    We pray the Lord to grant success to him and all who have exams.

Father Peter, as I liked much your initiative I'll try to pray for everybody who are having exams on a daily basis (I hope). Please keep this excellent idea alive.

GBU
  • I just want to say thank you to Fr. Peter and anyone who was praying for me because of my exams. I am happy to note that I got a B in the class and I am truly greatful. It was one of the most difficult courses I have ever taken and I thank all again for the prayers, especially Fr. Peter :)

Gb
    Tony
  • please pray for me. i have a very difficult exam on monday 8/3 and i didnt do so well on the last exam.

please pray for me and my weakness.
  • Dear Egyboy, I will certainly pray for you.

The Lord bless you and grant you peace.

Father Peter
  • abouna I have a few exams coming up... please pray for me and put my name and the altar during the prayers...

thank you so much!

nakhod el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • I will certainly pray for you.

Let me say that I prefer to pray for people by their Christian names, though I will always pray and God knows who you are, so if folk feel comfortable it would be helpful for those asking for prayers to PM me with their Christian name, nothing else, I don't need surnames, churches or anything like that. But God knows us by the name we were given in the Church.

God bless all those with exams coming up. May you find peace in Christ, have restful sleep, good concentration for your final revision, and be aware that as long as you have been faithful in your studies then God will strengthen and sustain you.

God bless

Father Peter
  • May God reward you and everybody praying in Heaven
  • Alleluia! With the Grace of God he passed both exams!
    Hope everyone will pass their exams too and do well.

Thank you Father Peter for your support and your prayers.
    Following your initiative, I started to pray for those who have exams.

May the Lord always bless your ministry and all your family.

GBU
  • lol... you dont want to put superman on the altar?! lol... I'm joking... my name is Bishoy Michael!