Evolution

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• most of us aren't too impressed with it, but don't want to say it's 100% wrong.
    here is the link to where this was discussed recently:

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=7618.0

what is important is to realise that God made us humans to be in His likeness (that is, with a spirit and a will) and has an answer for all our sin and weakness. this is not quite compatible with the idea that we appeared by chance out of a pool of genes and proteins. but this does not mean that everything in the book of genesis was designed to be taken 100% literally.
    when i studied medicine i was struck every day by the overwhelming evidence for God's careful and beautiful design. i am sure science is fully compatible with faith, as long as you don't take it too seriously (the science that is!)
  • Evolution is in no way compatible with Christianity.  now micro evolution is, but not macro.  As stated above, God made man in his likeness, he didn't make them into a monkey then they became man.  Evolution is a straight lie from the devil, it gets people to think and believe that there is no god, or that there is no need for a god, and even worst, it gets people to believe in "survival of the fittest" which means that if your not strong enough, then you should be killed because you are holding back the species of the human race.  As the Bible states, "the fool has said in his heart there is no god".  We can't believe in these things that are floating around.  Now there are lots of interpretations on the book of Genesis and what is to be taken literally and what is not, ex. were the 6 days of creation actually literal?  many can argue that it is or wasn't (i believe the coptic church takes the stand that they weren't literal 6-24 hour days) but what we can't compromise on is the fact the we were created in the image of god and not of monkey, mermaids, unicorns, or whatever else is floating around.  sorry for sounding too harsh but evolution and atheism has taken America and England by storm and to me its really sad seeing little children growing up being taught that there is no God !!