Is it God or the Devil??

edited September 2006 in Faith Issues
how can we tell?

Comments

• I think in the end it will come to the following: PRAY A LOT. If God wants to make something known to you, he won't leave u till u know it. If the Devil sends u a dream, i think it will have something twisted in it, or something that will make it obvious for a true child of God to be able to distinguish.
  • Yeah I think Matt's right. If it's from god, he would make it really clear that it's from him. Otherwise, in my opinion, it's probably from the devil.
  • hmm Yes you will know if its from the devil , the holy spirit lives within you , he guides you and thats why the bible says test the spirits to see if they are of God , u know its false by reading the bible and knowing it , if your dream conflicts with the teachings of our Lord Jesus then u know its false. For example in a dream an angel says "Jesus is a prophet not God" , u know its of the devil , for we know Jesus is God , (Micah 5:2) tells us that the baby born in Bethleham would have no beggnning , from everlasting , also (John 1:1). so as long as it does not conflict with the bible its ok.
  • MarMar, i dont want to be rude but sometimes you really do talk nonsense, you really make no sense and you talk like my 8 year old sister. When you lodge an argument please check and if necassary rephrase it. Please dont misunderstand me or anything as im only saying for own good.

Forgive me if i hurt u,
    PEACE
  • umm, not to be offensive but what kind of a name is that hustler??

mike

• First of all look up to your desires. Some of it comes in
    dreams. Then it is areflection to what you think before or
    love it and worried about it. Sure this not from God. So we
    have to enlighten ourselves by the aid of Holy Spirit.
    Secondly we have to take advice from the parents or our
    father when we confess about that, sure he will tell us and
    help us to what we confuse. And then at last you know it is
    from God or atrick from the devil.

• Sometimes, we see what we want to see and we hear what we want to hear :-\. Speaking for me, sometimes I want to do something so bad and I know it's not right but I do it anyways because it pleases me or someone else. I can hear some kind of alarm ringing in my ears but i just turn the volume down cuz its something I dont want to hear so i just ignore it and CONVINCE myself that what I'm doing is right despite the fact that deep down inside i know its without a doubt wrong. I think the answer is that before making a decision or when you're faced with something and you're not sure if it's right from wrong, sit down and think about it....read a ch. in the Bible and I promise that afterwards you'll kno where it's from....if it's from the devil God won't leave u astray and make u figure it out on ur own, he'll show it to you through so many things, and if its from God....well he said "He who has ears to hear, let him hear"Matt. 13:9 so just listen, hes talking to you, and if u cant hear him, clean ur ears, lolx jkk but u kno wut i mean :-*

• A man fell into a pit and couldn't get himself out.

A subjective person came along and said,
    " I fell for you down there."
    An objective person walked by and said,
    "It's logical that someone would fall down there."
    A Pharisee said, "Only bad people fall into pits."
    A mathematician calculated how he fell into the pit.
    A news reporter wanted the exclusive story on the pit.
    An IRS agent asked if the man was paying taxes on the pit.
    A self-pitying person said,
    "You haven't seen anything until you've seen my pit."
    A fire and brimstone preacher said, "You deserve your pit."
    A self-esteem therapist said,
    "Believe in yourself and you can get out of that pit."
    An optimist said, "Things could be worse."
    A pessimist claimed, "Things will get worse."
    Jesus, seeing the man, took him by the hand and lifted him out of the pit.

(We often see things not the way they really are, but the way we are.)
  • ouch that was awsome :D :D :D :D :D
    good stuff, i wish i could give advice lyk u...
    :) ;) :)
  • aww, thank you so much, but when i say these things it's not me saying them, its JESUS CHRIST that says them through me....i just type em thas it :)
  • well said :)
  • i have a question guys....say u do something of the devil to help someone of God....wut r ur point of views on that? like say u lie or steal to help someone out, where then do u stand?

GOD BLESS ALL :-*
  • I think there's never an excuse to steal. It's more like the Robin-hood-hero-type stealing ur referring too, but when the bible said do not steal; it wasnt said, u can steal in case it's in order to help someone, but maybe theres exceptions, anyone?
  • tough question, i have one like it, can u use violence to stop violence???
    like 2 ppl are biffin, wat do u do??
  • Four words always help me out to determine whether what I'm doing is write or wrong. What would Jesus do? Just think about it and God will guide you. I agree with Hos Irof, you can't stop a sin by starting a new one. There's always a way of helping someone without sinning. Just think of it this way. If you defend a person from getting in trouble. You are lying to get them out of trouble causing yourself to sin and pushing another needle into Jesus's head. There are other ways of dealing with things without making them worse. You never know how much trouble you and your friend can get in if the truth happened to come back and haunt you. But maybe that's not the situation, maybe you stole to feed a hungry child. Of course that is a really nice thing, but it has been done the wrong way. What if the child saw you and decided that stealing wasn't wrong since someone older than him/her did it. This innocent child could grow up to become a theif. I mean would you rather him die of hunger and go to heaven or be able to live but end up going to hell. A very wise person once told me that Life is a test. No matter how long and hard this test is, passing it will be worth all you've suffered. The narrow gate will lead you to salvation. I think everybody would rather starve then put another needle into Christ's head or pound another nail in his hands and feet. All I can say is if you live life as a test and you're determined to pass it, then the narrow gate will get wider and wider and lead you to the way to salvation. Just remember WWJD?

Peace to all!
  • Thank guys, u really helped, especially the "WWJD". I think i understand wut u guys r saying, thanx a lot, mwah! :-*

GOD BLESS ALL!