POST YOUR FAVORITE HYMNS, SONGS, AND PRAISES!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• + Tennav
    + Epouro (the long one)
    + Hiten
    + Tai shori
    + Don't Leave Me Alone
    + all tasbeha hymns
  • +Kata Nichorus
    +[coptic]Shere Maria [/coptic](Tasbeha)
    +Very Early Sunday Morning
  • Hmm.. It's really hard to pick just five of the whole collection but let's try;

[coptic]Kata ni,oroc
    Cemou]
    `Cmou `eP=o=c[/coptic] and [coptic]Hwc `erof
    Pek`;eronoc[/coptic]
    Amda7 fel Batoul (and all the other Kiahk madaye7!)

Oh and I really like every single glorification!!

I really LOVE hymns.. LOVE our Coptic Church!!
  • Kata Nikhorus (Communion-Style) is a beautiful hymn.

I can't really list my favorite hymns as each is beautiful in its own season and rite.

Hymns I love in particular would be: Agios Athanatos Nai Nan!, Teoi Enhikanos (short tune), Ainahti Ethve Fai, and The medehah (I think it's called Ainahos) that precedes Teoi En Hikanos during Kiahk with the tune of Amdah Fil Batool... I love it, it's a cool intro for Teoi.

But ya, I enjoy all hymns; these are just some highlights.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i am glad u all like hymns, me too!
    1. my favourite of all time is thoak ta te gom (yours is the power, the glory, the blessing and the majesty), this is the 1st coptic hymn i learnt and i think it's funky.
    2. very early sunday morning (does anyone have a download link to the arabic version?)
    3. wast el bahr el haig (in the middle of the stormy sea), especially i love the chorus (when i saw him, i cried 'have mercy').
    4. night of the last supper
    5. from every nation, from every tribe (the one with the chorus 'those who were redeemed, by His blood were free')
    i don't have any audio links to the last 2, can anyone help me here? (in arabic or english).
    keep praising!
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=8003.msg103227#msg103227 date=1242616118]
    i am glad u all like hymns, me too!
    1. my favourite of all time is thoak ta te gom (yours is the power, the glory, the blessing and the majesty), this is the 1st coptic hymn i learnt and i think it's funky.
    2. very early sunday morning (does anyone have a download link to the arabic version?)
    3. wast el bahr el haig (in the middle of the stormy sea), especially i love the chorus (when i saw him, i cried 'have mercy').
    4. night of the last supper
    5. from every nation, from every tribe (the one with the chorus 'those who were redeemed, by His blood were free')
    i don't have any audio links to the last 2, can anyone help me here? (in arabic or english).
    keep praising!

I have night of the last supper in arabic
    PM me your email please :)
  • [coptic]Tenoueh `ncwk[/coptic] Annual!

[coptic]Pa=o=c I=y=c P=,=c
    [/coptic]
    [coptic]<ere ;e`otoke[/coptic] Fast Tune

Psali Adam for resurrection!
  • well i think that there are common favorites among the congregation of the coptic church such as epouro and khristos anest

but for the hardcore deacons, i think the ones the hit the spot are, well mine at least but im not hardcore whatsoever:

All El Korban
    Shere Ne Maria (long praxis response)
    The Festive Sherat
    Genethelion (By Fr. Isiah from Nativity)
    Tishori (Grand Melismatic by Maullim Tawfik)

• i love the Hiteniyat (Hiten ni epresvia...) and this other nativity hymn that goes "you who gave birth to Christ w/t the seed of man" and actually if someone can find an mp3 of it for my ipod i would love it  :D

thanks
    God bless
    please keep me in your prayers
  • Sheep,
    I think the one you wanted is Part 7 of the Sunday Theotokia (continuation after the long Shere ne Maria in the tasbeha)

There are several recordings on the website (media>>praises>>midnight praises)
    Here is Ibrahim Ayad's:
    http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Praises/Midnight_Praises/Ibrahim_Ayad,_Coptic_Midnight_Praises/Part_4/track9.449.mp3
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • yipee, yipee, alhamdu lillah,
    thanks dimyan for the link!
    i will always remember the 1st time i heard this, in south england, it was one of the big moments when i thought, 'surely i am going to join this church before too long'.
    :D  :D  :D

• What is this hymn for? Tell me everything you know about it please! Hopefully someone knows coptic to translate...

BTW yesterday (2 hours and 40 minutes ago) was Archangel Michael's... fast or w/e you call it, so here you go:

• The first hymn you posted is Agios Isteen(O Kyrios) its a glorification hymn for the Trinity that is said after Shere Theotoke during any glorification of any saint. And of course the second link is for a tamgeed for the archangel as the title said...You can find the text in english on here in the hymns text library or in an english Khedmit el shamas book.
  • the first one is ekes mara'oot and o kyrios... thats for the beginning of the tamgeed... I have the translations, but too much to type for you now, maybe I will later!

the second is Archangel Michael's commemoration... there are three feasts that we commemorate monthly

1. the twelveth of every coptic month, is for Archangel Michael
    2. the twenty first of every coptic month, is for our Lady, the Mother of God Saint Mary
    3. the twenty ninth of most coptic months, is the The Commemoration of the Life giving Annunciation, The Birth of The Christ, and the Resurrection of the Lord Christ from the dead.

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!