muslim religen is full of controdections, look at this.

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
i am debating the religen with my friend and why i want to convert and he says we do not believe in violence and to harm non believers well check this out

Allah is an enemy to unbelievers. - Sura 2:98

On unbelievers is the curse of Allah. - Sura 2:161

Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter. - 2:191

Fight against them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme. (different translation: ) Fight them until there is no persecution and the religion is God's entirely. - Sura 2:193 and 8:39

Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it. - 2:216
(different translation: ) Prescribed for you is fighting, though it is hateful to you.

You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord. - Surah 3:169-71

Let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of Allah, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward. - Surah 4:74

Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil. - 4:76

But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them. - 4:89

Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done. - 5:14

Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme - 8:39

O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding. - 8:65

It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land. - 8:67

Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers. - 9:2-3

When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them. - 9:5

Fight those who believe neither in Allah nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by Allah and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.

Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons. - 9:41

O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end. - 9:73

Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed. - 9:111

Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....

As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them. - 10:4-15

Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell. - 33:60

Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell. - 41:14

When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens. - 47:4
(different translation: ) When you meet the unbelievers in the battlefield, strike off their heads, and when you have laid them low, bind your captives firmly.

Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them. - 47:5

Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another. - 48:25

Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers. - 48:29

Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate. - 66:9

The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures. - 98:51

Comments

• Are you thinking about converting to coptic orthodoxy?

God Bless
  • just a ask an Egyptian Coptic what the muslims did to them.... the muslims just attacked a Monastasry last week or so...  they tortured the Monks...       
  • Coptic_Pharoah, please, dont make things worse than they are. Yes, it is true that Muslims did take Coptic monks hostage and beat them but it wasnt a religiously motivated conflict. It was a village event about money and land. In Egypt Muslims and Christians are one. We should not make one side out to be an enemy. If any Muslim wants to convert to become a Copt, ahlan wa sahlan. If any Copt wants to convert to Islam, well the best of luck to them as well. But making all Muslims look bad, well it’s not Christian-like. In fact, if any bad comes our way we should accept it with humility. Yes, recent events have occurred that are discouraging, but it doesn’t mean one or a group of Muslim Egyptians speak for all Muslims in Egypt, and the same goes for the Coptic community. I don’t mean to sound harsh, but as Egyptians we should love our Muslim brothers as much as our Coptic brothers. Sadly, too many people, particularly on this forum, don’t seem to understand that. They think it’s open slander on Islam. Rather, as I said, it should all come back to humility. Turning the other cheek. Leading by example. Just like the Coptic priest I recently heard about who has a school for Muslims and Christians, or the perfect examples set for us by their Holinesses Pope Kyrillos and Pope Shenouda.
  • Agreed.

All religions that is not of the One Holy, Catholic, Apostolic Church of God, is from the devil. For the Devil is the father of all lies. That said, there is no reason that we should not believe in the sincerity of other faiths. Yes, they are blind. But we are also blind in as much as we do not abide in Christ. We will have stricter judgment.

St. Peter walked on water towards Christ- he knew Christ personally! He confessed Him as Lord. He had began actually making steps. But his faith failed him, and he began to drown. We are like St. Peter- we will drown if we do not believe it is God who allows us to walk on the violent waters, and among the gusty wind. We are also blind- but we have now light in Christ.

Christ has not abandoned our Muslim brothers either. Remember Balaam? Job? Even the King that by reading Jeremiah allowed Jews to go back to Jerusalem from exile. To be sure, God talks to them- problem is that their heart has been hardened- and they only see a glimpse of the truth. But some Muslims pursue that truth very deligently- more than I, I confess. Sometimes, God even guides Muslims to a particular character in the Koran for him to imitate to bring him to be more like Christ. Of course, this is seems impossible, and perhaps, it is. But I think God guides them that way, and when they see Christ finally, they will recognize Him better than us because of their sincerity. I am not saying that they have attained salvation- but they have been faithful with the few talents they had.

Let's admonish each other- for our salvation- than to admonish the inexistent. When you focus on faults of other religions, you forget the faults of your own understanding.

I am very pleased bigee that you have seen the light in Christ. All religions have truth in it in as much as it contains the person of Christ. But, unless it confesses Him as LORD, it is woefully short. I think we should bring them to the person of Christ in their religion. Tell them that there is similarity between the person of Isa in the Koran and Christ Jesus in the Bible. Ask them to examine him carefully, and ask them to pray to Allah that he would make them as the Prophet Jesus. I don't know, I think they would accept that later on. And I think God the Father will see this sincerity, and will one day through the weakness of the portrayal of Christ in the Koran eventually reveal Him as the living Lord of the Bible.

This is my personal belief.
  • Yes, we should expect suffering.

"If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you....If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My Name's sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me." (Jn 15:18, 20-1)
  • My friend told me this:

This is a question a muslim cant answer

Is Jesus good?

If they say no then they are saying he is not a prophet
    If they sat yes then they are saying he is GOD (and in the bible and the quoran it says only God is good)

I thought it was kinda cool
  • [quote author=Christrules link=topic=6776.msg91372#msg91372 date=1214200425]
    My friend told me this:

This is a question a muslim cant answer

Is Jesus good?

If they say no then they are saying he is not a prophet
    If they sat yes then they are saying he is GOD (and in the bible and the quoran it says only God is good)

I thought it was kinda cool

awesome
  • Or they can say no, because no prophet is "good". Like how we're taught not to call anyone good, except God.. that includes the prophets too, no? Their teachings are good, because God gives them a word.. without God, they are not good. So the muslims can simply turn this around and say Jesus' teachings were good, but not the actual person. This is just my opinion.. please correct me if I am wrong.

Peace.
  • [quote author=Taishory link=topic=6776.msg103146#msg103146 date=1242409492]
    Or they can say no, because no prophet is "good". Like how we're taught not to call anyone good, except God.. that includes the prophets too, no? Their teachings are good, because God gives them a word.. without God, they are not good. So the muslims can simply turn this around and say Jesus' teachings were good, but not the actual person. This is just my opinion.. please correct me if I am wrong.

Peace.

I wish they actually think of the way they pray.
    Same words said.
    Same Actions Done when praying.
  • Islam is a religion of the devil.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=6776.msg103574#msg103574 date=1243528036]
    Islam is a religion of the devil.

Would you say that of all non-Christian religions, or just Islam?
  • Christianity whether it be a protestant denomination, orthodox or catholic denomination is from god

Unlike islam it is the devils
    Judaism was the religion and the people god but when they blinded themselves from god himself they are at a standpoint in their belief

Other religions i believe are just explanations of things that are on this earth that a human mind cannot interpret

Christianity on the other is the complete and perfect true religion of God

God Bless
  • [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=6776.msg103577#msg103577 date=1243528546]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=6776.msg103574#msg103574 date=1243528036]
    Islam is a religion of the devil.

Would you say that of all non-Christian religions, or just Islam?

no i would not. some religions are purely man made religions for profit or self realization but islam is evil in every way.
  • i received this in an e-mail recently:

The man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
    If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in Canada, especially in the minority races!!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my federal prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.   After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have
    declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel, (which is a command to all Muslims) they are assured of a place in heaven. If
    that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question: Would you
    rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be
    there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame. Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the Diversification training seminar were not happy with my way of dealing with the Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in Canada to elect the Prime Minister!

I think everyone in Canada should be required to read this there is no way this will be widely publicized, unless each  of us send it on! This is your chance to make a difference...

FOR GODS' SAKE! Send this email to everybody.

i thought it was kind of cool