If a Non-christian Insults you...what should you do?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
If someone insults me, and he is not a christian...what should i do?
The insult shouldnt have been said, because i didnt do anything.
In this situation...what should i do?

Comments

• As far as is possible accept the insult and do not seek to justify yourself, and the Lord will justify you.

Of course that is not easy. But if we can accept an unjustified insult with humility, saying, 'Perhaps I am not at fault on this occasion, but surely I am guilty of so many sins that I keep hidden, I am deserving of much more than this insult'.

Father Peter
  • Thanks  :)

God Bless You Father
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=7996.msg103139#msg103139 date=1242400799]
    As far as is possible accept the insult and do not seek to justify yourself, and the Lord will justify you.

Of course that is not easy. But if we can accept an unjustified insult with humility, saying, 'Perhaps I am not at fault on this occasion, but surely I am guilty of so many sins that I keep hidden, I am deserving of much more than this insult'.

Father Peter

Wait you are an abona?! an egyptian abona?

To me personally, We get insulted everyday by non christians on public T.V. but the right thing to do is to pray for them and ask Our savior to open their eyes and let them see his true light! the right thing is not always maybe never the easy thing to do! and that is my problem the right decision is not the easist one for me :(

pray for me,
    bentBABAyasooa`
  • I am a priest of the Coptic Orthodox Church but I am not Egyptian.

God bless

Father Peter