HOMOSEXUALITY INFORMATION REQUEST

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
THIS POST IS ON BEHALF OF A FRIEND OF MINE WO HAS NOT YET HAD A CHANCE TO ENROLL IN THIS FORUM SO THEREFORE HE HAS REQUESTED THIS POST TO BE CREATED ON HIS BEHALF - I REPEAT DO NOT BLAME ME FOR ANYTHING!

"Why does God hate... or dislike homosexuals, even if they are strict Christians in all other respects, and why please?

We have been studying this topic in our school's religous studies from a non Orthodox perpective, and in little detail. Just to round off, as a homosexual I know that there is not always a choice regarding sexual orientation.

Many thanks."

Comments

• [coptic]e;be vai@[/coptic]
    That is why:
    1 Corinthians 6:9
    Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites
    [coptic]oujai qen `P=[=c[/coptic]
  • God doesn't hate homosexuals, nor does he dislike them. In fact, God loves all and died for all. God hates sin, because He is holy and we are called to be holy. Homosexuality is a wrong use of the sexuality that God has given us, therefore it is a sin. We shouldn't make it bigger than it is, but at the same time not reduce it and say that sin is okay.
    Never ever speak in terms of God hates homosexuals, rather speak in terms of God hating the wrong use of sexuality (infidelity, homosexuality, adultery etc).
  • I like what Ophadece and Hos Erof posted

[quote author=epshiri link=topic=7790.msg101463#msg101463 date=1238595725]

"Why does God hate... or dislike homosexuals, even if they are strict Christians in all other respects, and why please?

I think you answered your own question, as Hos Erof said, God doesn't hate nor dislike homosexuals, to the contrary He loves them to the extent that He died for their sake, along with the rest of humanity.
    But "even if they are strict Christians in all other respects", God wants them to be perfect, He said it Himself in Matthew 5:48 "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
    when you say "in all other respects", you mean there IS something in which they are not strict Christians,
    So even if we've overcome all weaknesses, except one, we still have to fight that one sin, to strive to be perfect just like our Father...

God bless you
    Please pray for my weakness
  • This Site is Good: http://classes.saintmark.com/mod/resource/view.php?id=27

Here are some Verses:
    Old Testament
    1) So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.  Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” Genesis 1:27-28
    2) And Adam said:
          “This is now bone of my bones
          And flesh of my flesh;
          She shall be called Woman,
          Because she was taken out of Man.”  Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.
    Genesis 2:23-24
    3) Genesis 19- Sodom Gomorrah- God destroyed the city because of their wickedness- and homosexuality.
    Genesis 19: 1-5
    Now the two angels came to Sodom in the evening, and Lot was sitting in the gate of Sodom. When Lot saw them, he rose to meet them, and he bowed himself with his face toward the ground.  And he said, “Here now, my lords, please turn in to your servant’s house and spend the night, and wash your feet; then you may rise early and go on your way.”
    And they said, “No, but we will spend the night in the open square.”
    But he insisted strongly; so they turned in to him and entered his house. Then he made them a feast, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.
    Now before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, both old and young, all the people from every quarter, surrounded the house.  And they called to Lot and said to him, “Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us that we may know them carnally.”
    carnal   adj.
    1. Relating to the physical and especially sexual appetites: carnal desire.
    2. Worldly or earthly; temporal: the carnal world.
    3. Of or relating to the body or flesh; bodily: carnal remains.
    4) Deut. 23:17
    “There shall be no ritual harlot of the daughters of Israel, or a perverted one of the sons of Israel.
    5) Leviticus 18:22-23
    You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.  Nor shall you mate with any animal, to defile yourself with it. Nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it. It is perversion.
    6) Leviticus 20:13
    If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
    7) Judges 19:22
    As they were enjoying themselves, suddenly certain men of the city, perverted men, surrounded the house and beat on the door. They spoke to the master of the house, the old man, saying, “Bring out the man who came to your house, that we may know him carnally!”

New Testament
    8  ) Romans 1:24-32
    Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
    26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving,[b] unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.
    9) Corinthians 6:9-10
    Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
    10) 1 Timothy 1:9-10
    knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, 10 for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,
    11) Matthew 19:4-5
    And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a]them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’[b] 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
    12) Jude 1:7
    as Sodom and Gomorrah, and the cities around them in a similar manner to these, having given themselves over to sexual immorality and gone after strange flesh, are set forth as an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

For more information about homosexuality read "Homosexuality" By H.H. Pope Shenouda III at this website http://www.coptnet.com/Pope-Books/ordofwom/index.htm
  • Yeah thanks for the bible summaried
  • Its disgusting...read this : Matthew 19:4-5
    And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made[a]them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’?
  • i think it's REALLY REALLY important that people understand that God DOES NOT in any way form or shape hate homosexuals, he hates the sin...just like he doesn't hate a murderer, he hates MURDER. he doesn't hate liars, he hates lies..ect.

I also wanted to say that, it's simply a sin, just like any other sin, there really is nothing special about it. WE are making it bigger than it is, yes, it is becoming more widespread, but it's still just a sin, another form of temptation that we all need to resist.
    and the whole "born gay" is a WEAK EXCUSE.
    WE ALL NEED TO RESIS THIS TEMPTATION, AMONGST MANY OTHERS.