PRAYER...[EXTREMLEY IMPORTANT]!

edited May 2009 in Faith Issues
Im a person who heavily relies on prayer to have an extremly holy day. I usually Pray every hour daily. I pray looking out of the window and up into the sky. HOWEVER , during the liturgy (mass,"Qodas") i hear the deacon say "look into the east" "و الى الشرق انظرو " . So my question is...Do i have to look into the north direction to praaay???????
Please answer my brothers and sisters

Comments

• Hey KIMO MAXIMUS
    I dont know if it was a Mistake that you said "Look into the north"its "look into the East"
    So while you Pray in the e.g.West Direction God will not hear you?Of course he will hear you but Jesus when he acsended he ascended into the East,then a angel came and said to the Dispicles:Jesus will come from the direction that he Gone"
    So you can Pray to other directions but its "recommend" from the Church to the East.

Hope i could help

Please pray for the worst sinner
    -ME
  • [quote author=KIMO MAXIMUS link=topic=7931.msg102593#msg102593 date=1241607557]
    Im a person who heavily relies on prayer to have an extremly holy day. I usually Pray every hour daily. I pray looking out of the window and up into the sky. HOWEVER , during the liturgy (mass,"Qodas") i hear the deacon say "look into the north" "و الى الشرق انظرو " . So my question is...Do i have to look into the north direction to praaay???????
    Please answer my brothers and sisters

How can you be praying if you're not concentrating on what the deacon is saying? The deacon says "And Look towards the East".

If you just stopped daydreaming out of the window and just concentrated for a minute, you might just grow a bit more spiritually.

God be with you.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=7931.msg102600#msg102600 date=1241615246]
    How can you be praying if you're not concentrating on what the deacon is saying? The deacon says "And Look towards the East".

If you just stopped daydreaming out of the window and just concentrated for a minute, you might just grow a bit more spiritually.

God be with you.

Not to start an argument here, but I dont think your comment was necessary at all! It could have just been a mistake, we are all humans, so just calm down QT.
    "Do not judge so that you will not be judged." Matthew 7:1

May the Lord have mercy upon us all and forgive us our sins.
    God Bless you all and please pray for me and my weakness.
  • QT, I think you understood wrong.
    What i meant was that in mass they said look toward the east....
    AT HOME, i tend to like to look at the sky and pray...so i look out a window, which is not pointing at the east.
    ANYWAY THANKSSS!
  • What matters is to pray.
    I know my priest's wife prays while washing the dishes and while cooking for all her guests and the church.
    her kitchen window faces roughly north.
    the food, and her guests, are all mightily blessed.
    it is good for people in church to pray facing east to remind us Jesus is coming again and it helps Christians to be united too, as catholics and also a lot of protestants have churches that face east, so most of us pray facing east.
    i think if you are looking at the beauty of God's creation and that helps you to pray, it's fine to not face east. i have prayed with many humble people, greater in the faith than i, in their homes, when not facing east.
    but if you are constructing a church building, point it towards the east.
    i hope this answers your question  :)
  • Sorry, I was just kidding.. (i really didnt mean to offend anyone).

I thought it was really cute that this kid was praying every hour, so I wanted to tease him.. sorry, I forgot i even commented on this thread, and I left it like that.

On a serious note: do you concentrate when you pray? and do you pray in a language you understand?

Also, do you pray from the agpeya?

For the Liturgy, try to just follow with the deacons and pray with Abouna.
  • Yes QT i do pray for all :)
    I do all that...
    I just hope one day i see jesus.
  • you will habibi, please pray for us too in our weakness
  • KIMO MAXIMUS,

I think the only reason Churches face east is a symbolic gesture of waiting for Christ's second coming.  Since he ascended to the East.

When we say "Look towards the East" in the Liturgy, it's a call for people to pay attention to the Body and Blood of Christ on the altar.  If the Church actually faces West (like my church) we don't all turn our backs to the altar . . .

I don't think it matters which direction you face, so long as you compose yourself in a manner fit for standing in front of God.

George
  • hello.i think prayer is one of the thing are really important for human life to make it our life successful and for peaceful. :D
    ____________________________________________________________________________

• Yes. God listens to us no matter where we are or face. God is evrywhere.
    :)