Entering Heaven

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I am just wondering, what do we as Coptic Orthodox Christians believe we need to do to get to heaven.

Pray for me,
Michael

Comments

• Seek to live a faithful Orthodox Christian life, but do not rely on your own efforts as earning a passage to heaven.

Rely rather on the goodness, mercy and grace of God.

Pray, Lord, I am not worthy, but speak the word and I shall be saved.

And, Lord, remember me when you come into your kingdom.

And, Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you, and I am no longer worthy to be called your son.

Humility is the key to open the door to paradise, just as pride is the lock which closes it.

Father Peter
  • I am glad you have asked this question because now in these modern days people think it doesn't take that much to get into heaven and they think it's a walk in the park. To me  I think to go to heaven you have to follow the sacraments but not all of them, they are: 1)Baptism 2)Christmation 3)Repentance/Confession 4)Communion 5)Unction of the sick 6)Matrimony 7) Priesthood. As a COC member you need to have gone through 1 and 2. Also as a COC member it is ESSENTIAL that you do 3 and 4 regularly. BUT you should not do these things just because the church tells you these things, you should do them out of your love for God. If you are really want to know what it takes for a christian to go to heaven read the Bible (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth). I really like that acronym because it's true its your little mannual while you are down here on earth. Read it with understanding if you don't understand something write it down and ask any Abouna or if you can't contact him and really want to know quick you can come here and there people here who will answer your question and help you answer. The key to know what we have to do to get to heaven is READING THE BIBLE.

Pray for me