Armed Forces

edited February 2009 in Personal Issues
Blessed day all !!

Ever since I was a child I have dreamt of flying fighter jets. And I have been very interested in aviation since it runs in my family my father is an aircraft engineer. I am studying aviation management currently, and I want to get into the air force and hopefully one day fly fighter jets. And I was wondering what is our church’s views on this matter and if not a fighter pilot as an officer in the army where I must go overseas and fight.

thank you
and may god bless you

keep me in your prayers

Comments

• not entirely sure but i think the church is against joining the army just to fight and kill people...if you get drafted then its different because it isnt your choice.

but as i said i am not sure

please pray for me and my weakness
  • It is ok to join the military as long as you do not want to kill people. If yopo join to protect ur country and such its okay.
  • [quote author=coptmorous link=topic=7643.msg100277#msg100277 date=1234729063]
    It is ok to join the military as long as you do not want to kill people. If yopo join to protect ur country and such its okay.

I'd have to disagree. When you join the military, you KNOW theres a chance you will have to kill someone. Even medics and non-combat positions are well aware of this and are trained in case that scenario should occur. But servemylord wants to become a fighter pilot, which in this age has a very high probability of seeing combat. Instead of joining the air force, did you consider perhaps becoming a pilot? Granted the news recently hasn't been all too well for the airlines, but it's still an option in my opinion.
  • I'm not sure what the church's views are....but there have been several wars in the BIble...

i personally think it's alright...i mean...someone has to do it...and i might as well be someone guided by God then some random person looking to cause problems.