to call he rparents or not

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
well as some of you know in my previus posts i threatned this girl this past june and did alot of bad things to her and she did make mistakes also and her parents know about everything i did should i call her parents to forgive me and ask them to solve all of this or will it cause more problems there daughter and i were best friends and more we wanted to be togther in the future please help?

Comments

• i think u need wisdom here, so it's right for u to ask for guidance. i suggest using a mediator, perhaps a priest. may God guide you.
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7621.msg100029#msg100029 date=1233943847]
    well as some of you know in my previus posts i threatned this girl this past june and did alot of bad things to her and she did make mistakes also and her parents know about everything i did should i call her parents to forgive me and ask them to solve all of this or will it cause more problems there daughter and i were best friends and more we wanted to be togther in the future please help?

What's going on Bigeee?? You just became a Christian? Why are you not living in peace and love? Why all the problems??

Im just curious,\ but i've noticed a pattern here: I know many muslims who became Christians because they hated Islam. THese people, WITHOUT exception, really did not change that much since they became Christian.
    However, those that really searched for God and found Him, are the ones who received the best rewards. That's why Im asking. Don't answer me, but you must NOT lose the graces your received during your baptism!!!
  • this threats happened during summer i hope you dont mind if i nick name you q -)
  • ask abouna!!! he know you, her, and her parents... so he's a better judge to such a question.... for us we barely know you, to even tell you what you should do to people we do not know at all!

but here is what I can tell you... don't think of relationships at all... if its meant to be it will come knocking on your door! but don't go seeking it, that's a wrong way of going along with it! my point is don't seek her parents' forgiveness to get back with her!

may God guide you to His will!

akhadna el baraka... neshkor Allah!
  • [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7621.msg100049#msg100049 date=1233960368]
    this threats happened during summer i hope you dont mind if i nick name you q -)

I am certain that you need to speak to your FoC. You must discuss with him your relationship with Christ at a deeper level. He must know why you decided to become Christian for. What moved you? What enlightened you??

Why have you lost your peace so quickly after gaining the graces and fruits of Baptism?

He needs to really know this.

You don't need to tell us here on tasbeha.org, but you need a really good father of confession right now, and someone who is patient enough would be a good start.
  • guys i have decided i am going to apolgize to her parents i was over the line in the type of language i used against there daughter and the threats i made and i am going to ask for forgivness from them and explain the whole story to them its the right thing to do not only for my soul but in front of gods eyes also i just cant stand that we were once more then best friends now they think of me as a bad person after i helped her out alot but its not about that it is about writing my wrong into a right i cant deal with this on the inside anymore
  • Bigeee, One fact you should be aware of and that is on top of customary need to reassure her family you are the right person for their daughter, there is understandably intense fear of what the future may hold.  Not sure if apology will do it for you this time. Obviously, by your own admission, it has been over six months now since the threatening instance you described in previous post and yet you still debating if you should call her parents to clear up the air. If a problem with that nature was not resolved in two weeks, I don’t think even two years or two decades will solve it and if she and/or her family don't act in a supportive, friendly, and appreciative way despite your conscious effort to make a good impression after six months, the best action for you is to let her go. You don’t have to like it or want it to happen. Just be willing. The more you are willing for someone to go, the more you create an environment where giving everyone involved an opportunity to re-assess and make a decision. You set yourself free inside and you become far more effective in handling your situation. Conclusion: let it go and don’t bother her family.