Second Edition

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
For a limited time you can get the second edition of my book "The End Of Man" for 20% off. Please help support our young publishing company, we would also like to hear your opinions of the writings in any of our publications. Thanks for your support.

Comments

• Congratulations may God bless your work.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=9949.msg121689#msg121689 date=1288726279]
    Congratulations may God bless your work.

GBU

thanks. I have sold more books than albums when I was a musician.
  • Ioannes,

I read the book in hardcover.  I believe it is a wonderful guide for the average layman in seeing a nice straightforward and logical succession of ideas to countering the Protestantism.  I liked the introduction.

I will give some comments, as I said I would.

I liked your use of the Biblical references and their conistency.
    Which version of the Bible did you utilize?  It is nice to reference that for others.

I liked your use of the Greek words, roots, and nuances to explain different points and terms.

You mention your wife as a source to your road to Orthodoxy.  I find it quite admirable to mention her.  I find that at times people do not realize how a good woman can be a source of salvation, in the contrasting manner that a loose woman can be a source for destruction and detraction from God.

The edition I received did not have page numbering, which would be helpful when making references in the book.  I do not know if it was the printer's error.  Also I would say that in future editions, inclusion of the more basic and traditional Protestant segments be delineated in the same fashion as you did with the five extreme sects.  I think it would give a nice trace into the aspects of Classical (mainstream) Protestant Churches.  I believe you covered most of the topics in a general sense relative to the outline in your book.

Overall, I liked the book as being a nice guide with which the average person may refer to in order to have an introduction in facing co-workers or peers that open these types of charismatic discussions. 

I did not find more than three sentences that would be construed as being tough, but I believe in these types of outlines it is difficult to write without entering with tough words every once in a while.  Actually, I did not mind at all.  In your introduction you mentioned that you could be abrasive, I did not find that to be the case when reading the book.

Thank you for sharing your research and synopsis.  I would definitely recommend the book for others to read and have as a reference.
  • Thanks ILSM,
                        I did make many corrections to the second edition, such as page numbering, which I did somehow overlook on the first. I did not however add a table of contents, I simply dont like them, lol. I did consider adding some traditional early protestant denominations to contrast with the more extreme ones, and may still add that later on. The reason I left it out is because the purpose of that section is to show where sola scriptura and sola fide can lead to. This is directed towards Ethiopia which has a relatively young protestant church(s). The goal was to try to show them how the churches will reduce themselves to their simplest form, as is being done here in America. I appreciate your feedback, I know your straight forward so it gives me great joy to know that you enjoyed it, and believe me I need all of it I can get right now.