Difference between God and Angel

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok I dont mean to be blasphemous, but my friend posed this question to me "Do Angels sin?". i said no, as when an angel sinned (sin of pride) he was kicked out of heaven. he then asked me "So what is the difference between them and God?"
He later gave me a very convincing answer, which i think is correct.

I just want to see what people think? Ofcourse he is the creator and they are the created, he is the Almighty, infinite, the one with out beginning God. But i think the answer is a bit deeper.

Pray for my weak self 

Comments

• We stop sinning once we go to heaven.
  • angels had a period of time where God was testing them and some sinned against God and were cast out of haven. and maybe some of them repented and God accepted them back. there is also a verse in the bible to show that angels are not perfect as God.  review the verse Job 4:18
  • Yeah, like mrm5086 said, there was a time when the angels could choose to align with God or against him. After that choice they do not have free will, but just obey God's command.
  • I don't think that the angels have lost free will. They do not cease to be true agents of God's will. But they are given such a gift of grace and such a vision of the divine beauty that they do not choose anything other than God's will.

This is similar to our state in the eternal life. We will not cease to be personal agents but will have such unity with God that we will not choose anything other than God's will.

Father Peter
  • I agree with Father Peter. I think the difference between God and his Angels is that, while they are both sinless, God is PERFECT while angels aren't. Meaning that angels have the freedom/choice of sinning or not, however as Father Peter said,they do not choose anything other than God's will- nonetheless they can sin if they wanted to. On the contrary God can NOT sin, it is against his nature he is immaculate and without fault.