Browse By Person
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Coptic Orthodox Church
edited August 2011
So just as God was tempted, He used verses from the Bible, lets do the same.
[quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=9805.msg120089#msg120089 date=1285991097] the thought that I am stupid and can't do anything.
1. "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing." -John 15:5
"I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me." -Philippians 4:13
[quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=9805.msg120089#msg120089 date=1285991097]Whenever anything tough comes my way, I tend to give up easily.
..When I get advice from people and Abouna, I really try to follow it, but something always stops me. I don't know what to do.
2. Try not to give up. When thoughts or feelings urge you to give up, recognise that this probably from the devil. Keep persisting because in the end it will be worth it.
Hold fast what you have, that no one may take your crown.” (Revelation 3:11)
"It is better for you to weary yourself here on Earth and attain crowns of struggle than to have rest here and be tired in eternity." -H.H Pope Shenouda III (Book: Diabolic Wars)
[quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=9805.msg120089#msg120089 date=1285991097]whenever I go confess, it seems that I confess the same things every time. I do not feel as though I am making progress with my life, in the spiritual sense and in everything else.
3. "Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; When I fall, I will arise.." -Micah 7:8
[quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=9805.msg120089#msg120089 date=1285991097]
The problem is not with the advice, it's with me. It's causing me a lot of distress that every time I try to fix myself, I cannot
4. Give your troubles to God. Tell Him to fix you. Don't try to fix yourself on your own. Trust in God's promises that He will keep guiding you to "make your way PERFECT". -Psalm 18:32
5. Lastly remember: "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." -2 Timothy 1:7
Sevant of Jesus Christ
My brother or sister, I know what you are going through for I am going through it too. May Our glorious God help us and forgive us our sins. Please pray for me aswell.
Here are some verses that can help
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13
"that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man" Ephesians 3:16
"For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16
"in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through faith in Him." Ephesians 3:12
- You can do ALL things through christ who strengthens you
- Ask Him that you may be strengthened with mght through His spirit in the inner man!
- God is so amazing and so powerful...do u think He cannot help you with your weaknesses? His grace is enough for you!
- Have confidence in Christ! We have BOLDNESS and ACCESS with CONFIDENCE through faith in Him!!
Please please contemplate on these verses.
I hope this helped
God bless you
also (to continue form the last thread of yours where i posted), look outside yourself and help someone else.
if you are not strong emotionally, do something physical, like walk the dog for an old person, tidy up books after church, help a parent or flat mate with cleaning or painting, even doing small things like holding the door open for people or smiling at a new person in church will help you to look outside yourself.
check out what you are feeding your mind on. what music/ films/ books/ computer games etc do you spend your time on? what are the songs that go round your head when you walk down the street or take a shower?
change them for positive ones. (eg 'very early sunday morning' may be more helpful than 'bid dimooe' ya rab (with tears i promised you Lord) and Christian songs are better than pop songs about breaking up with the love of your life).
please let us know if you have any more concerns, often to treat depression you have to change your outlook which doesn't always happen over night, so we will be patient! we have all (nearly all) been depressed at some time, and know it's sometimes hard to shift.
so don't give up, God doesn't (phillipians1)