Using A Censer In Festival Tours

I attended an Egyptian Festival held by a nearby church and they held tours on church history. They had a station on the censer and they had one lit and someone kept putting incense in it so people can see how it works and smells but no one is holding it and only the person in charge is inserting the incense.  Is this ok? Wasn't there someone who raised incense in the Old Testament and the earth swallowed them??

Comments

• No, it is not okay.  It is inappropriate for anyone to raise incense except the priest.  It is a sacrifice.
  • well brings us to is it ordained?! or was it a owned by a lay person?! and that incense was it offered as gift to the church, or was it just owned by the guy, who brought it with him!?

if it is the church's and is ordained to the church, then no one needs to put incense in there... and if the incense is a gift given to the church, then is to be offered only in the church... but if the guy owns a censer, and has incense and puts it for smell its fine... they sell incense for he scent... even though I'm not a big fan of it... but its fine!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka!
  • Beg to disagree with all of your premises, BAM, it is inappropriate in all aspects.

These are some things that people do, and although they have a cloud of simplicity, it is not correct to do so.
  • lol me and Ilovesaintmark disagreeing... thats one of the few times I can recall!!!

but incense is nothing more than a scented smoke when its at home or out of services... nothing special about it... but what makes it special in church is the censer being ordained, and the incense is a sacrifice by the people...

I can see where you are coming from... but in all technicality there is nothing wrong with it... thats why even the incense is sold to lay people...

neshkor Allah... akhadna el baraka