Favorite Bible book/verse, or quote

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What's your favorite Bible book(s), bible verse(s), or quote(s).
i find this question a nice way to learn and inform, and i hope its response will help you.

Comments

• "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." -Revelation 21:4

"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends." -John 15:13 (Parallel this with Isaiah 53:5-

"But He was wounded for our transgressions,
          He was bruised for our iniquities;
          The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
          And by His stripes we are healed.")

There are many more, but these are my top favorites.
  • Heyy,

I love reading all of the prophets, i have learnt so much from them, i have many favourite verses :D

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)):)::):)
  • “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not on your own understanding. In all things acknowledge him, and he shall direct your paths." (Proverbs 3:5- 6)

"For with God nothing will be impossible"--Luke 1:37
  • Ilovesaintmark, godlovesme, and mezza- could you Please elaborate lol. 

Also it would be nice if people explained why it is your favorite, like what about it makes it stand out from the thousands of other verses and how it affects you or what it means to you
  • The book of Tobit (in the deuterocanon) is amazing. It really shows how all things work for those who love God. It is a great story and would suggest more people read it (online if it is not if your Bible).
  • The Gospel of the Apocalypse. I read this book everyday.
  • The reason I love the book Psalms, is that it is so expressive of any of the emotions I may carry at a given point.  It is also quite an amazing reading of a soul's dialogue with God.

It allows you to realize that you are not the first human being to go through the problems and issues that are reflected.