BOOK RELEASE - The End Of Man

edited August 2010 in Personal Issues
I have just released the English version of The End of Man, edited a bit to pertain a bit more to the English speaking Orthodox. I have a hardcover version and a paperback. The hardcover looks much more cool, but the paperback is cheaper, and does not contain pictures like the hardcover. Please support Coptic Orthodox authors and buy this book!

The link to the hardcover version:http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/the-end-of-man-a-defense-of-the-orthodox-church-against-protestantism/12447948 ; This version contains pictures but the section with conversations with Ethiopian Protestants was cut from the book

The link to the paperback version:http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-end-of-man-a-defense-of-the-orthodox-church-against-protestantism/12448643 This one does not have the pictures because the print is only in black and white, but does however contain the conversations with the protestants.

AGAIN PLEASE SUPPORT COPTIC ORTHODOX AUTHORS AND OUR SMALL PUBLISHING COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• its $10 for God's sake people.
  • $10, seriously.
  • just moving house so can't buy any books right now, sorry.
    am trying to give away books!
  • I'll buy one  ;)
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9643.msg118705#msg118705 date=1283035952]
    I have just released the English version of The End of Man, edited a bit to pertain a bit more to the English speaking Orthodox. I have a hardcover version and a paperback. The hardcover looks much more cool, but the paperback is cheaper, and does not contain pictures like the hardcover. Please support Coptic Orthodox authors and buy this book!

The link to the hardcover version:http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/the-end-of-man-a-defense-of-the-orthodox-church-against-protestantism/12447948 ; This version contains pictures but the section with conversations with Ethiopian Protestants was cut from the book

The link to the paperback version:http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-end-of-man-a-defense-of-the-orthodox-church-against-protestantism/12448643 This one does not have the pictures because the print is only in black and white, but does however contain the conversations with the protestants.

AGAIN PLEASE SUPPORT COPTIC ORTHODOX AUTHORS AND OUR SMALL PUBLISHING COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey,

I just read a review:

By Eugene Rose

This is an amazingly enlightening book! I was quite surprised too, figuring that 87 pages could not contain a whole lot of information but I was wrong. The author is very direct and to the point. He writes in a way that is easy to understand and leaves no doubt in the mind of the reader as to what truth is. In this short book he is able to delve into several topics, make very strong points, many of which seem to be such solid arguments that they cannot be argued against. His no nonsense approach makes this book worth it. I don't know how he was able to crush Protestantism in 87 pages, but he did and quite convincingly I might add. This book is worth it and would recommend it to all people interested in this topic. I am definitely going to do some research on Orthodoxy, the author has peaked my interest, and that's not easy!

--> Is Eugene Rose related to you in anyway?
  • No Eugene Rose is Fr. Seraphim Rose. I was pumped to see the review on both the paperback and hardcover, then I seen the name. It might be someone I know using that as a pseudonym but he is not related to me.
  • I hope that you are encouraged by seeing more sales in due course. It would help folk here in the UK if you could produce an edition that the UK printer can produce because the postage is presently higher in the UK than the book.

I think you will also have to accept that sales will take a while. There are 73,000 members here at Tasbeha but I've only sold 23 copies of my own book so far!

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/orthodox-christology/10969273?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

Father Peter
  • Yea Fr. Peter it is rather slow, and hopefully it will pick up. My parents have not even bought one lol! I tried to make the book as cheap as I possibly could while still making a bit of a profit and I think that will be the biggest draw, its cheap. I am trying to figure out a way to make it affordable for the UK.

I most definetly am going to purchase your book, I just have to wait a bit. I might buy the file download actually.
  • I'm going on line tonight to order.  I didn't know that Fr. Peter had a book.  I will order both and write scathing reviews.

I think I have to learn how to read first.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9643.msg118765#msg118765 date=1283205124]
    I'm going on line tonight to order.  I didn't know that Fr. Peter had a book.  I will order both and write scathing reviews.

I think I have to learn how to read first.

LMAO, your hilarious. Thank God He made you!
  • I went for the hardcover version.  Also picked up Fr. Peter's "Orthodox Christology".
  • I have already planned to buy Fr Peter's book,but not for myself. I am not sure,if I would understand it.I plan to buy it for our abouna and if he finds it great ,then that would makes a good gift for others as well. It is difficult to buy suitable presents for the priest fathers for the aniversary of their ordination to priesthood or similar occasions.

Ioannes, count me too.
  • I went with the hardcover in the event someone bothers me while I am reading, I can cause more damage to the person if I throw a hardcovered book at them.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9643.msg118795#msg118795 date=1283279328]
    I went with the hardcover in the event someone bothers me while I am reading, I can cause more damage to the person if I throw a hardcovered book at them.

I usually bite them or myself.........just kidding, I dont bite them.
  • I got the first copy of the book. Sorry I did not put page numbers in and for some reason in my book, which is a rough copy and not the version everyone else ordered, there is space at the header of each page. I am working on another one with page numbers and sized a bit better. Otherwise it looks pretty good, my B&W copy has pictures in it, and they dont look that bad, but I have to take them out for copyright reasons, the owners of the pictures have not wrote back after months of pestering them. Not a big deal. Any other input please feel free to let me know!