Judas

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey guys
I had a question about Judas. Was he always a bad person or did the Devil just "trick" him at the end? Cuz like he felt bad at the end and stuff. I was just wondering cuz I found this in an article: "Judas lived in peace, hiding in the darkness of his works, his hypocrisies, and his deceptions all the days [of his life]. " so yea, if anyone knows the answer that would be great. thx :)

Comments

• well I think Judas was a bad person , wasnt it said that he stole money from the money box?
    yes, Judas felt bad in the end, but he did not act right after feeling sorry for what he did

All of us sin, all of us act bad who doesnt?

But when St. Peter sin and denied Christ he repented and he did not go on denying Christ again...but went and preached to everyone about Jesus...

When Judas betrayed Jesus instead of really repenting and asking God for forgiviness, he killed himself, and I think suicide is the 1 sin that can not be forgiven because it is denying the holy spirit

We cant blame the devil for tricking us, we have the holy spirit, God's spirit inside of us and we know what is right from what is wrong, it us who choose whether to listen to the devil or not, the devil does not make us do anything by force
  • Sister,
    Judas has always been bad. The Bible tells us that he used to steal from the money box "But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, who would betray Him, said, "Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?" This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it. " (John 12:4-6)
    I hope this answers your question.
  • Thanks Princessmary and coptic boy for ur help :)
  • no problem, any time
  • I was just curious because I've heard this before, isn't suicide forgiveable under the circumstances that the victim was mentally ill?
  • And not realizing what he or she was doing.....
  • I was just curious because I've heard this before, isn't suicide forgiveable under the circumstances that the victim was mentally ill?

of course
  • Oh ok thanks, and don't worry everybody, I'm not mentally ill, for the most part ::) ::) lol, jk....