Can a baby get baptize by someone Christian besides a Bishop, Priest, or Pope?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Can a baby that is Christian be baptized by someonelse that is Christian by someone besides a Priest, Bishop, or Pope like a Police, Doctor or nurse, or a Firefighter if the baby was about to die.
Please ansewer this question Thankyou bye and reply.

Comments

• No, only clergy can baptize. They are the only ones that have the authority from God to baptise. If a baby was about to die, then a clergy member would be called and baptise them. no exception
  • the story when the women on the boat baptises her sons shows u can so i would say, only in certain circumstances and being baptised means dying and rising with christ, i dont think christ ever mentioned a rule stating that only a priest etc can perform this sacrament( i dont say this with exageration, it is possible)
    of course i would ask a more qualified person, me being me, so i would wait for more replies.
  • ur talking about severe special cases. thats once out of a million
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=957;start=0#msg16708 date=1104373829]
    the story when the women on the boat baptises her sons shows u can so i would say, only in certain circumstances and being baptised means dying and rising with christ, i dont think christ ever mentioned a rule stating that only a priest etc can perform this sacrament( i dont say this with exageration, it is possible)
    of course i would ask a more qualified person, me being me, so i would wait for more replies.

Just in case not everyone has heard the story I'll clarify (my mom told me the story ;D):

There was a woman on her way to get her son baptised. While she was crossing the river, she feared that the baby was going to die before it could get baptised. So she sprayed water on the baby while saying in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. When she finally arrived, at the time of the baptism, the priest/bishop (forget which one) had a vision telling him that the baby was already baptised.

Someone please correct me if I got the story wrong.

I think that the only time a baby shouldn't be baptised by a clergy member is when there are severe circumstances ( i.e. the baby is going to die).

GBU
  • i thot mothers cud babtpise with her blood, only in dangerous circumstances
  • yea, but it has to be an emergency.
  • hello all,
    the story is right but there is just a lil thing missing the whole reason it was soo miraculous (according To my FOC) is when he attempted to dip the babay in teh water for baptism when they survived the storm on the boat the water froze and he could not dip the baby but when they brought another child and attempted to dip him in the water he was able to then the bishop asked the lady what happened she explained to him that the baby was baptised because the mother had cut her wrist and blood came out nd she baptised her son with her blood which since she herself was baptised and regularly took minawla (communion) the holy spirit was in her and her blood was able to give that to her child if you have any questions let me know

Aghape,
    Chris

God Bless You All
    [glow=red,2,300][/glow]
  • hey guys sorry to ruin the moment.. but didn't we talk abt this already.. like twice!!... sorry again :-\

Rina ;)
  • ye dats tru, but hey tis coo to learn dat normal ppl can babtize u kno?
  • [quote author=CopticChris434 link=board=1;threadid=957;start=0#msg16815 date=1104437471]
    hello all,
    the story is right but there is just a lil thing missing the whole reason it was soo miraculous (according To my FOC) is when he attempted to dip the babay in teh water for baptism when they survived the storm on the boat the water froze and he could not dip the baby but when they brought another child and attempted to dip him in the water he was able to then the bishop asked the lady what happened she explained to him that the baby was baptised because the mother had cut her wrist and blood came out nd she baptised her son with her blood which since she herself was baptised and regularly took minawla (communion) the holy spirit was in her and her blood was able to give that to her child if you have any questions let me know

Aghape,
    Chris

God Bless You All
    [glow=red,2,300][/glow]

thx for the correction ;)
  • np man

aghape,
    chris