The true meaning of Christmas

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys, I want each and everyone of you guys to tell me what the true meaning of Christmas is, but it all has to be from your heart. Got it? If you need any help or questions, just email me or post it.

Comments

• Well I think the true meaning of Christmas is not presents or anything like that but about staying with your family is the true and real meaning of Christmas and I am sure that everyone would say that but it is not just staying with your family but having some time with God and going especiallt to Church! So I just want to tell you one more thing and that is that you really can say if it is presents because that is what you think and really I even think in a part of my heart that presents is something that I like more than going to Church but I still like going to Church because that doesn't mean i don't like going to Church GOT IT but we still need to spend time with our Family, Friends,and GOD by.
  • yay! Another topic that gets me reflectingggg....
    True Meaning of Christmas. Personally, to me ...the true meaning of Christmas lies in the Hope it brings. God's willingness to be born in a manger just reiterates His love for all of us no matter how sinful we are and just gives us hope and motivation to become better and meet Him "half-way" (thats an overstatment on our part)

[center]This thought is summarized in the Prayer Before Communion:
    As Thou has accepted to be born in a manger, Reject not, O my Saviour to come into my lowly and afflicted soul that awaits Thy radiant presence. But accept to come into my soul to cleanse it. [/center]

p.s. Have a Blessed Christmas everyone...hopefully it'll be a new beginnin for all caz i personally need one :-\
  • Christmas: The day when God proved to His creation that He is Love. The descent of the most High God, for the ascent of the most low sinner.

"God became man, so that man may become god" - St Athanasius