WHEN CAN WE STOP FASTING??????

2»

Comments

• {...}

Does that make you happy?
  • yes very much, lol
  • Mabsoota,

We are reconciled.  I will fast two weeks in penance because I have upset you.

May I never see red meat, greasy food, cake, pastries, cookies, baklava, cheese, and all types of artery clogging food, if it would keep you 'mabsoota' always.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9441.msg116507#msg116507 date=1279069621]
    Mabsoota,

We are reconciled.  I will fast two weeks in penance because I have upset you.

May I never see red meat, greasy food, cake, pastries, cookies, baklava, cheese, and all types of artery clogging food, if it would keep you 'mabsoota' always.

.... whats a Baklava? lol
  • bilawa is how u say it in arabic,
  • Baklava is filo dough in layers, stuffed with nuts, covered in molasses after having been baked in butter, shortening or oil.

It is pronounced in arabic:  ba' lawa.  In Egyptian Arabic the "k" is contracted and the "v" pronounced like a "w".
  • OHHHH bi2lawa is fasting isnt it?
  • it depends on which products you use in the recipe.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9441.msg116489#msg116489 date=1279062295]
    Very tempting, but I am continuing my fast until August; straight into the Virgin's Fast.

Mark,

I would not tell about this (infact no one knows), but  I took your joke to heart and broke my fast just yesterday. I was online when you wrote it.At that moment, I was feeling I am not doing enough to serve and please the Lord.While that thought was swirling around my mind,I read your joke. I thought it was a message to me and  decided to go ahead with it. I am not certain if I broke church rules by continuing to fast,but today,I feel somewhat content  and I would like  to share this story with you and others to let you know how the suggestion to fast until August has been a true motivation to me.May God add points to your heavenly account for inspiring a soul.

PS: I have an option to share this story with Mark in private,but I am sharing with all just to show how a simple joke could be taken as inspiration for a good purpose.
  • Hez,

I am truly humbled by your remarks and experience.  At one time in my life, there was a desperate situation for which I offered a fast for seven months, and God was merciful. 

For many who are calling for a decrease in the fasting seasons, I believe that things should be left well enough alone.

God granted you a special gift.

I had nothing to do with it, other than being my usual obnoxious jerky self.

God is with us.
  • Mark,

Abouna Andrawes el Samueli used to bless people saying " May God be with you and not against you"

I agree and believe, God is with us.

Thanks.