stollen topic!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok i dunno if there's another topic abt this but i stoll it from my friend.. but on another awesome website.. the topic is.. i love u.. poems and letters..
so basicly its a posting love poems and letters dedicated to other ppl on the site or to friends or family.. be as criative as possible.. i have a nice one to start w/ hope u guys like it tooo.. :-* :-* :-*
ENJOY!!!!!

Since a very long time ago, people have searched for the meaning of love. But even the great philosophers, with their profound definitions, could not fully touch its true essence. In a survey of 4-8 year olds, kids share their views on love. But what do little kids know about love?
Read on and be surprised that despite their young and innocent minds, kids already have a simple but deep grasp of that four-letter word.

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
"Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at him because you know it would hurt his feelings."
"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
"Love is if you hold hands and sit beside each other in the cafeteria. That means you're in love. Otherwise, you can sit across from each other and be okay."
"Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redbird."
"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
"You can break love, but it won't die."

isn't it cuuuuuuuttteee.. c'mon guys and gals start the posting.. :-*

Rina ;)

Comments

• What does this have to do with Christianity?
  • It has to do with love ,which is the very essence of christianity.Conversely our christianity should affect every part of our life,everything pertaining to love for God and our love for each other.

Very interesting topic Marina!I loved the simplicity and profound truth expressed by the little children.Truly the kingdom of God is for little ones such as these.
  • "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."

^ they really understand love a lot more than most older people.
  • I got this in my email...

"What does love look like? It has the hands to help others. It has the feet to hasten to the poor and needy. It has the eyes to see the misery. It has the ears to hear the sighs and sorrows of men."

--St. Augustine
  • thnx Jerry for answering mark's question.. its true.. and thnx Bishoy i like that ALOT.. now that was one that had sooooo much to do w/ christianity.. see mark it does have to do w/ christianity.. so guys start posting.. :-\ :-* :-* :-*

Rina ;)
  • Cute topic...reminds me of Elizabeth Barret Brownings poem.. i hope its not too old-fashioned 4 u guys..anyways here goes:

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
    I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
    My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
    For the ends of Being and ideal Grace.
    I love thee to the level of everyday's
    Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight.
    I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
    I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
    I love thee with the passion put to use
    In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
    I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
    With my lost saints—I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!—and, if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death.
  • Cremedelescremes, u said it! rite on the spot....these little ones say what we know and go through everyday but don't seem to reflect upon. They do understand it a lot. A group of professionals posed the question ''What does love mean?'' to a group of 4 - 8 year-olds and the answers they got were broader and deeper than anyone could have imagined. See what you think:

''Love is when someone hurts you and you get so mad, but you don't yell at them because you know it would hurt their feelings.''

''Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.''

''When you tell someone something bad about yourself and you're scared they won't love you anymore. But then you get surprised because not only do they still love you, they love you even more.''

''Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday.''

''Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.''

''I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.''

''I let my big sister pick on me because my Mom says she only picks on me because she loves me. So I pick on my baby sister because I love her.''

''You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it alot. People forget.'' better than many older ppl

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • awwww good stuff guys.. gr8 job keep it u^p^p^p^p^p
    lol.. I LOVE YOU!!! :-* :-* :-*
  • :D AwwWW we luff u tooooooooo

Do u guys know what Jesus calls love in the Bible? ( a lot of things dduuhhyyy, but I luvv this 1)

God calls love the bond of perfection ( Colossians 3:14)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • What a cute topic!!! :D Yeah, I got that in my email too, I LOVED it. (lol, no pun intended, but sure, y not). I don't have anything to add, sry, ::), but yeah, nice idea. :D
  • ya ita a stollen topic soo ya its not just my idea.. lol.. awwww u love me too how cute.. i feel special now.. lol
    but LHM and everyone else if u come across sumthing just put it up.. i'll love it.. :-*..
  • You're an angel who nobody can see,
    Still, an angel is what you are to me.
    An angel from heaven is what you are,
    In my sky you're definitely a heavenly star.

You're an angel with beauty and grace,
    You're kind and sweet; you have an angel face.
    You have very graceful angel wings.
    Happiness, joy, and love are just some things,

An angel can give and to me you've given.
    In my heart and on my mind is where you're livin'.
    You have hair that is as soft as cotton.
    A guardian angel is what I've gotten.

Your eyes are like diamonds that shine bright,
    When everything is dark- you give me light.
    You're an angel who gives me a reason to live,
    You're the angel who teaches me to give.

You're the angel who makes me live another day,
    You're the angel who teaches me the right things to say.
    You're my angel and you'll always care,
    You're my angel and you know I'll always be there.

this is a poem... that i did not write.. lol... hope u like it..its deticated to alll u guys on tasbeha.org.. :-* :-* :-*

Rina ;)
  • hey again.. i kno this might be off topic.. but i thought u'd like it.. i mean it is abt God.. lol.. but ya hope u like it.. just like i do.. :-* :-* :-*

MEMO FROM GOD

To: YOU
    Date: TODAY
    Subject: YOURSELF
    Reference: LIFE

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.

If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair. There are people in this world for whom driving is an unheard of privilege.

Should you have a bad day at work; Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; Think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; Think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror; Think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; Thank you, you may have touched their life in ways you will never know!

Rina ;)
  • hope u like this one too.. its also dete=icated too all of u.. :-* :-* :-*

You Make Me Smile!

WHY???

Because you are beautiful...

Because you are kind...

Because you are wonderful...

Because you are caring...

Because you are funny...

Because you are smart...

Because you are cute...

Because you are sweet...

Because you are understanding...

Because you are my friend...

Because You Are YOU!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rina ;)
  • i got this one email..... a guy went around asking children what they think Love is... he got alotta responses, but the best one was by a 5 year old named Max... it goes somthing like this:

"Jesus was nailed to the cross and He could have come down from there if He wanted to. But He didnt. That is Love." -Max

to think we can learn alot from kids! :)

keep the love of Christ burning in you everyone!
    salam........................................... ;D
  • nice... thnx alot crazycopt.. :-* :-* :-*.. i love it.. and i love u too.. :-* :-* :-*
  • lol awww thanks rina........you're such a cutie ;) :-*
  • thnx babe... :-* :-*.. ur the cutie one.. :D :D :D