SINS THAT WE DUNNO!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
ok so i've been wodering sense i confessed tonight.. yup yup.. i'm all holy now.. lol.. no just kidding.. so as i was confessing i thought well wut if i did sumthing but i didn't kno it was a sin.. u kno wut i mean? like i didn't feel guilty abt it.. i wasn't thinking of a one thing i was thinking "in general" u kno???? hope i don't sound confusing.. plz help me pplz
plz plz plz plz plz plz.. etc.
o its 12:05 i can't say merry christmas anymore.. that sux..lol :-*

Rina ;)

Comments

• oops i didn't make any sense.. well wut i ment was.. r they like forgiven.. or wut????????? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • When abouna says the absolution, he prays for the forgiveness of sins, willingly and unwillingly... knowingly, and unknowingly. So if you forget to mention some... it will be forgiven, it you choose not say some, it will not.
  • ok thnx alot Bishoy.. :-* :-* :-*..
  • yer thats rite also if ok lets make it sum1 dies not u God forbid yer if sum1 dies and forgets these sins or didnt realize them they make a special prayer for this and the congregation and priest are like interceding on our behalf or their behalf so yer dont worry bout it but thats y they always say to write your sins on a piece of paper in confesion but to late now neways

i hope i helped u
    GBU and may He keep u
    FROG
  • wait a sec there bishoy...
    willingly and unwillingly... knowingly, and unknowingly

cant you say you are sorry for all of your sins and really mean it wont you be forgiven???

[glow=purple,2,300][shadow=purple,left]- Mr. Coptic Orthodox[/shadow][/glow]
  • Rina,
    another one of your GREAT posts. You make us think (in my case, it kinda makes my head hurt a little)
    Anyway, here is the deal. We sin everyday, whether we know it or not. As my father of confession once told me, "if we were to see every sin that we make, we will loose heart and dispare, but because of God's mercy, He covers up some of our sins out of His love to us" While we try to remember and recognize our sins, we should confess them as we remember them. Everyday we pray saying, (Absolve, forgive, and remit, O God, our transgressions; those which we have committed willingly and those we have committed unwillingly, those which we have committed knowingly and those which we have committed unknowingly, the hidden and manifest, O Lord forgive us, for the sake of Your Holy name which is called upon us.) but that doesn't mean we should just say, "forgive us everything" we need to spell them out. But He is merciful to forgive us the ones we Honestly forget, or don't know about.

A practice that may help is on a daily basis, hold yourself accountable for all your sins that you did that day.

I hope this helps.
  • so i guess, its complex forgiveness so we have to speak in detial so they are forgiven

[shadow=purple,left][glow=purple,2,300]
    - Mr. Coptic Orthodox[/glow][/shadow]
  • I agree with all the things that you guys said, I just want to add. It's kinda short, but oh well. My mom once told me that we are judged according to what we know. So if we commit a sin, but we don't know that it's a sin or aren't aware that we did it, it won't be counted against us.

GBU
  • yes matt ur right and i guess thats y kids' sins don't count untill they reach an age of knolege of good andd bad.. and the knolege of sins.. see i can talk smart.. look at me go..lol
    umm but abt wut u said coptic boy.. " But He is merciful to forgive us the ones we Honestly forget, or don't know about."
    ok i heard that God forgives the sins that we remember but doesn't forgive the sins that we don't remember and never confeesed abt.. tasoni- my sunday school teacher- told me that.. sumone explain?? ???
  • hmm....thtz a good question. i dont wanna get off topic but i think i will 4 just one second. Did God introduce us to sin?
  • I don't think so ...we were introduced to sin through the devil...when he went to Adam and Eve...and told them to eat from the tree tht God didn't want them to eat from...so it wasn't God who introduced it to us...but the devil
  • I heard a sermon from Abouna Anthony Messeh entitled "Why Does God Allow Suffering". It doesn't sound like it has anything to do with this, but he says that God created the world pure and without sin, but he created free-will which can cause us to sin. And he also said something like God hopes we pick choices A, B, C, D, or E, but if we choose something else He still loves us, but He loves us too much to leave us like that.

Anyway, sorry for getting off topic.

GBU
  • no no don't be sorry.. u made a point... a very good one too :D
  • That is Eg. God never creates evil... the devil does, by the permission of God, but God created the devil as an angel so really God never creates evil, but the good things are miss used.
  • [quote author=Rina_07 link=board=1;threadid=930;start=0#msg16491 date=1104213530]
    no no don't be sorry.. u made a point... a very good one too :D

lol...thx ;D

That is Eg. God never creates evil... the devil does, by the permission of God, but God created the devil as an angel so really God never creates evil, but the good things are miss used.

Yeah, and I heard somewhere (I don't remember where) that God allows the devil to tempt us so we can be tested and become stronger in faith. Or something like that.

GBU
  • Peace be with you,

Can one confess his sins in a way that he dose not go into to much detail; an example would be if I were to say I said a bad word, or I did Evil with someone. So as not to go into detail about what was said or what was done, can a sinner like me confess in that way.

• Can one confess his sins in a way that he dose not go into to much detail;

Yes... and that is how I confess, I already take 3 hours to confess, and I am very vague... so imagine I start stating every sin... wow! That would take days, maybe weeks. But if you remember each sin... you could tell abouna every sin, but it is not necessary, or at least I don’t think...
  • heyy, i asked the same thing in another thread: innocent sin///
    they tol me just confess about it neways, and i did, and i know im not gunna do it again cuz now i know its wrong
    bye!!
  • awwwwwwwwwwwww :-*

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*