Pi-ehlog-hymn for the martyrs

Does anyone know about the hymn pi-ehlog.  I think it is the equivalent of apekran but for martyrs.  The only recording of it I have seen is provided by HCOC but i do not think Ibrahim Ayad offers a recording.  Does anyone know if hics offers a recording or anyone else besides HCOC and if you could provide the recording that would be appreciated.  Also if you know when it is sung that would be appreciated (is it supposed to be said the same time as apekran)

Comments

• Send minagir a P.M., he'll set you up.
  • m.Zaher: http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/Downloads/Audio/Alhan/Zaher/Martyers/PiEhlog-MZaher.zip

the original i think is Abouna Ashei'a from el-maharaq...he might of learn it from m.Tawifk or even rakebha based on what is said in books.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9212.msg114214#msg114214 date=1273275936]
    Send minagir a P.M., he'll set you up.

hahaha... ;D
  • Is apekran sang for martyrs also because i have seen in monasteries like in Paramus on saint moses feast they sang apekran over piehlog...has anyone ever heard this hymn within a church before
  • [quote author=Lover of the father link=topic=9212.msg114224#msg114224 date=1273279000]
    Is apekran sang for martyrs also because i have seen in monasteries like in Paramus on saint moses feast they sang apekran over piehlog...has anyone ever heard this hymn within a church before

apekran is ALWAYS for saints, beginning with Saint Antony. read the words. Saint Moses is a SAINT not a martyr as many think. he was killed rather than martyred.
  • Why is it that we consider him a saint and not a martyr when in the synaxrium, his mentioned as a martyr, his doxology mentions him as a martyr.  The only thing is that we do not mention him as a martyr in the commeration of the saints.  I also think that the pope mentions him as a martyr and that it says in the saying of desert fathers that he was martyred 
  • [quote author=Lover of the father link=topic=9212.msg114248#msg114248 date=1273437205]
    Why is it that we consider him a saint and not a martyr when in the synaxrium, his mentioned as a martyr, his doxology mentions him as a martyr.  The only thing is that we do not mention him as a martyr in the commeration of the saints.  I also think that the pope mentions him as a martyr and that it says in the saying of desert fathers that he was martyred 

What i've said is what i heard from HG Bishop Rafael when someone asked his grace. it was on one of the video sermons i watched of him on alhan-youthbishopric.com....but that was a while ago.

• From the site of the abbey in Taxes:

About 370 AD, St Moses, St. Evagruis, St. Cronius, St. Pambo and three other Desert Fathers went to visit St. Macarius the great in the southern rock of Scetis. When St. Macarius saw them he said, My brethren, I see one of you worthy of the crown of martyrdom and he is going to shed his blood in the wilderness. St. Moses answered at once, Probably I am the one, in order to fulfill the words of the Lord all they that take by the sword shall perish with the sword.

The prophecy of St. Macarius was fulfilled in 407 AD, when the Berbers raided Scetis and destroyed its four churches. St. Moses was seventy-five years old and had under him seventy disciples. On the day of this raid, St. Moses was sitting with seven of his disciples, when he told them, Behold, today the barbarians are coming to Scetis, rise and escape. They asked him, Will you not escape with us father? He answered, The words of our Savior must be fulfilled: All who take by the sword will perish by the sword. (Matt 26:52). Therefore I am staying The seven disciples also decided to stay with their father. Shortly thereafter, the Berbers entered the cell, and killed them. One of the monks was able to flee and hid behind a palm leaf, and saw seven crowns coming down and crowning them.

St Macarius said "crown of martyrdom" but if you think about it a little, then there should of been 14 cowns coming down from heaven on the 7 monks, including Saint Moses; 2 crowns for each: a crown of martyrdom and a crown for monasticism....atleast that's what i think