Girl in my class...

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello everyone,

I had a situation today that occured where this girl was telling me that
Christianity was first a cult!!!
She was agnostic and had a lot of other false ideas, i didn't know where to start with her.
She said Christianity orginated from Paganism...

What do i tell her? I know this is false but how do i put it in words???

Thank you so much and may God help you all to answer this...

May God Bless

Comments

• Just ask her what her point is in saying all this.

I have amny friends that use the same old recycled arguements of similarities of practices and holidays between Christianity and pre-Christian paganism, and all I do is ask them what their point is in telling me this.
    Yes, Christianity has adopted many symbols used by Pagans before the time of Christ, but does this change the message? No.
  • yousieg tennis, i think it was the other way round. hallowe'en, that is hallow e'en, is short for 'hallow even', or the evening of 'hallow' feast. 'hallow' is an old english word for 'saint'.
    so all saints day came first, then the pagans, who already had similar pagan festivals, made a special festival for the evening before all saints day.

the Christmas tree was already a pagan symbol, but as far as i know no pagans put lights and tinsel on it like in many countries at Christmas. i think they use it a bit differently. so i think it's ok to have a Christmas tree.

the first use of a tree as a symbol of life was by God in the first book of Bible!
    ;)