soul's journey after its departure from the body- "Aerial Toll Houses"

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I came across this topic with a freind of mine and I lack any knowledge in its reference or use or belief in the Coptic Orthodox Church. Im hoping for some insight on the topic from someone who has a good spirtual standing on this.

My Question:

Has anyone one heard of the teaching of "Aerial Toll Houses"? (To me the teaching is not biblically sound)
Im curious too see what patristic backing there is of this teaching and if the oriental orthodox church believes in this "theory/teaching."

I know that many people in the Eastern Church beleive in this, especially because of the writings of Seraphim Rose. Overall I see it as a sensitive topic that can take away from our focus on Christ love for us, but my curosity is getting the best of me.

Thanks,

Daniel

Comments

• The coptic church neither refutes it nor necessarily accepts it. Some fathers such as st. anthony and st. cyril (if im not mistaken) speak of these toll houses. Refer to this topic: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=8290.0
  • If there are "toll houses", does that mean that there is an "E-Z Pass"?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9158.msg114213#msg114213 date=1273275738]
    If there are "toll houses", does that mean that there is an "E-Z Pass"?

Lol..Martyrdom
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=9158.msg114215#msg114215 date=1273275939]
    [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9158.msg114213#msg114213 date=1273275738]
    If there are "toll houses", does that mean that there is an "E-Z Pass"?

Lol..Martyrdom

hahahaha thats funny... but in all seriousness, ive NEVER heard about these toll houses.. and it seems rly scary to be honest