How many of the old timers are still ticking around here?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
[coptic]<rictoc `Anecty[/coptic]

Man, its crazy - 2010 already and the time keeps on slipping away! I haven't been active in a really long time, and have met some wonderful new people having come back - I actually love this site  :D

How many people here still remember the olden days? Are the old timers still around? I know that Mina and Jydeacon are still around, was pleasantly surprised when I ran into Hezekiel today  :D What about the others? Santamaria05, Godislove, Vassilios, Iqbal, Hos Erof? Orthodox11, Stavros, Anglian? Coptic Pharaoh? Coptic Servent? PopeKyrilos? why? sandrahanna? mnc_hnn? Christrules?

Anyone still here in this eternal chasm?  ;D

Comments

• im here  ;D
  • did anyone call me? :P
    still here (more or less :D)
  • Im still here every once in a while...very busy times :-[, pray for me ;)
  • I'm still here, lol
    jk
  • lol, i've been forgotten in the list...but i'm still around here and there.
  • still here from time to time, in need of prayers.. welcome back! :)
  • Sorry to forget to mention you Andrew and geomike, but I certainly haven't forgotten who you guys are  ;D

Hope all are good, pray for me

joe
  • I'm not here.  I moved.  Yet, if I write, I must exist.  If I exist, I must still be here.

What a quandry?  I think I have thrown my self into an existential dilemma.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9083.msg113715#msg113715 date=1272111634]Yet, if I write, I must exist.  If I exist, I must still be here.

Not necessarily - to quote Descartes, "I think therefore I am" suggests that the condition for existence is thinking. Which may not necessarily correspond to writing (i.e. it is possible to write without any thought).

Not that I'm in any way suggesting that applies to you  ;D Nice to see you're still active man  :D
  • I think I've been insulted.  I believe this calls for sabers at 20 paces.

I challenge you to a duel!

But, then again, I do not exist.  How can I challenge you to a duel?  It's difficult floating around in cyberspace
    without existence.  I wish I was real.  I wish was in Kansas.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9083.msg113717#msg113717 date=1272112275]
    I think I've been insulted.  I believe this calls for sabers at 20 paces.

Oh no, you haven't been insulted  ;D And as for the sabres (Gah, sabers is an American misspelling), they're too messy nowadays, the preferred method of single combat is with political bilboards (usually with a member of the opposition in a sinister pose).

I challenge you to a duel!

But, then again, I do not exist.  How can I challenge you to a duel?  It's difficult floating around in cyberspace
    without existence.  I wish I was real.  I wish was in Kansas.

Not as difficult as pondering your own existence. And why would you want to live in Kansas? As I understand it (based solely on The Wizard of Oz) all of Kansas are crop fields, and the only thing of note to occur are cyclones.
  • Cyclones, in the United States are a type of flavored ice (sorry, flavoured) or a roller coaster.

We call them tornadoes in the MidWest United States.

There are many things in Kansas:  there is football (not the European Soccer), basketball, we have corrupt politicians, and we have the True Wizard of Oz, and a lot of short people.

I think tasbeha.org should have a space to rent as billboard posts, with associated rental fees.  This would be helpful for "fundaraizing".

Please excuse my Americanism, I retract my "sabers" for the sake of "sabres".  Anyway:  'he who lives by the sabre will die by the sabre'.  Our Lord was not British, so I guess He used "sword" instead.  However, if He were American, it would be "swoord", because Americans cannot pronounce 'sword'.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9083.msg113720#msg113720 date=1272114873]
    Cyclones, in the United States are a type of flavored ice (sorry, flavoured) or a roller coaster.

We call them tornadoes in the MidWest United States.

Oh,  ;D. Yeah, we call them tornadoes too (not that we have them). It looks like my attempt at American nomenclature has failed  :P

There are many things in Kansas:  there is football (not the European Soccer), basketball, we have corrupt politicians, and we have the True Wizard of Oz, and a lot of short people.

Sounds a lot like the South of England actually. Although who is the True Wizard of Oz?

I think tasbeha.org should have a space to rent as billboard posts, with associated rental fees.  This would be helpful for "fundaraizing".

Please excuse my Americanism, I retract my "sabers" for the sake of "sabres".  Anyway:  'he who lives by the sabre will die by the sabre'.  Our Lord was not British, so I guess He used "sword" instead.  However, if He were American, it would be "swoord", because Americans cannot pronounce 'sword'.

Haha, sword is used in that verse in Britain more frequently than sabre actually  ;D

I guess it is to be expected that certain nameless countries (*ahem* America *ahem*) wouldn't have developed the breadth of their language much since the time of the Tower of Babel  :P
  • One of my favorite jokes:

What do you call someone that speaks three languages?...trilingual
    What do you call someone that speaks two languages?...bilingual
    What do you call someone that speaks only one language?... AMERICAN
  • :P

Lord have mercy  ;D
  • Does anyone know how I can contact vassilios?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He doesn't have a profile unfortunately :(. That's the difficulty- we had been in contact before, but it was always PM and not email correspondence.