Ostrov (The Island)- Russian Orthodox Church Saint movie!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Christ is Risen!

I watched the film Ostrov, meaning ,-the Island and found it impressive.The film is basically about persistent repentance, and its impact and fruits on peoples lives and various different monks within the monastery. The main character, Fr Anatoly, is an ordinary man, whose behaviour and way of life appear unusual and foolish,but then becomes evident that his foolishness was a real foolishness for christ. He comes to the monastery to repent of his past deed that kept on tormenting him until the hour of his death.But the fruits of his constant repentance does not only change him,but also the life of those around him ;his abbot and the once haughty superior monk of the monastery...etc etc

If you are interested to watch,attached is the link to part 1..(Follow the Youtube links to watch the other parts)

Ostrov The Island - -(With English Subtitles)

Comments

• [coptic]<rictoc `Anecty[/coptic]

Cool stuff Hezekiel, I will be sure to watch it! And it's awesome to see that you're still active here  :D Some of the old crowd still remain  ;D There is still hope for my ignorance  :D

pray for me

joe
  • Christ is Risen!.

Nice to see you back Joe.Hope school is fine with you and all that BMAT and Ucas stuff went well.Be assured,we have prayed for you:-)

God bless and once again welcome back to your Tasbeha home!

hez
  • [coptic]<rictoc `Anecty[/coptic]

Haha yeah man, thank you sooo much for your prayers, I'd completely forgotten, but you guys still remembered!  :D

Yeah, it went all good man, I got my offer to study medicine next year thanks to God's grace and so just have the final school exams in June to contend with  :)

God bless you Hez, its wonderful to be back  :D

pray for me

joe